The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Rain today (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111538)

Rich Z 05-14-2024 11:16 PM

Got 1.15" more rain today.

REAL unusual for May.

85vette 05-16-2024 09:15 PM

We got just under two and a half up here on Monday. Supposed to be more coming tomorrow and Saturday.

Rich Z 05-18-2024 12:37 PM

I got 1.01" of more rain overnight. Looks like another front coming through momentarily..

CHASZ51 05-18-2024 05:37 PM

Got .80" Fri.

85vette 05-19-2024 07:07 AM

Another 2 1/2 inches yesterday. I had a Pecan tree leaning since those bad storms last week and with all this rain and the ground saturated, it finally fell Friday night. I cut it up and stacked it for use in my smoker. And while I was at it I cut down two Pines that had succumbed to Pine Beetles and stacked them to burn. That grapple on the tractor made such easy work out of this! :dancer01:

CHASZ51 05-19-2024 07:10 AM

You guys get 10 times the rain i do. Bet if i moved where you are it would stop for good.

Rich Z 05-25-2024 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85vette (Post 221343)
Another 2 1/2 inches yesterday. I had a Pecan tree leaning since those bad storms last week and with all this rain and the ground saturated, it finally fell Friday night. I cut it up and stacked it for use in my smoker. And while I was at it I cut down two Pines that had succumbed to Pine Beetles and stacked them to burn. That grapple on the tractor made such easy work out of this! :dancer01:

:ok_01: Yeah, the grapple sure does come in handy, doesn't it?

85vette 05-25-2024 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 221368)
:ok_01: Yeah, the grapple sure does come in handy, doesn't it?

Well worth the $2600!

Rich Z 05-25-2024 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85vette (Post 221369)
Well worth the $2600!

No doubt!

My 3rd function is down for now. The "open" valve appears to be stuck, so I can't use the grapple nor the tree puller. So I have the bucket back onto the front. Then one of the hydraulic functions on the back has an excessively loose piston in the module. It is not the actuator lever itself, as it is tight. It is the piston or whatever actually going into the hydraulic block. Will said he will pick up my tractor on Tuesday morning and take care of the problems.

I moved the hydraulic hoses from the hydraulic top link to the other couplers so I could at least use the top link with the land plane, which I have mounted there now. I can still use the wood chipper, as it has it's own internal hydraulic system, so doesn't need the hydraulics off of the tractor. But the flail mower had a cylinder running off of hydraulics so I can move the mower a foot or two laterally when I need to. Not a big deal if it was a problem with lateral motion, however. But since the problems are under warranty, I want to get them fixed.

85vette 05-25-2024 09:18 PM

I've had no problems with the equipment or the hydraulics but I was mowing some small trees down about three weeks ago and I recall backing into a stump on the right side of the bush hog pretty hard. It caught the right side skid on the front of the bush hog. Anyway, no problems until last week when I was almost done moving those trees I'd cut down with the grapple, when the right side of the bush hog started dragging the ground.

Apparently I bent the pin that holds the lower three point hitch on the right side and it broke after I kept using it. After I looked at the broken pin it was apparent that it was made from cast metal. Not really a surprise but you would think that those pins would be made from something more durable.

Anyway, I broke it so on Monday I sent my dealer in North Carolina an email explaining what I had done and he ordered a new pin, mounting plate that I bent and new bolts and washers from the warehouse in Georgia. It arrived via FedEx on Wednesday! Pretty amazing! So when I get home tomorrow I'll swap those parts out. I thought $151.00 was a bit high for the parts but with the Biden economy, I guess that's just how it is. I'm really impressed with this dealer. But from what I hear, the one in Alabama that I'll be using for service is good too. :dancer01: