The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   On The Road Outside of Florida (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Who here has tamed 'The Dragon'...? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297)

Rich Z 09-30-2013 02:34 PM

Been a long time since we have been on the BRP. When Connie and I used to live in Maryland we once decided to take that route down from Maryland on one of our vacations to Florida. After about a day of travel, we still weren't south of Richmond, so we figured it would take us about two weeks to finally get to the Florida line that way and headed east to catch a quicker route.

But man there were a LOT of deer and several bobcats spotted all along the road. Would be a gorgeous drive if time wasn't a consideration.

Kap142 03-18-2014 04:53 PM

My sweet wife and I will be going to NW corner of GA. for vacation this year (as usual) and have found and obtained permission to trailer up "Peek" and leave the TrailBlazer and trailer at the reality Co,s owners home so we can spend the week and a half running all over the Blue Ridge. The Tail of the Dragon will be done.

I suspect the Vette is going to be as giddy as I will be. Yee Haw.:thumbsup:

Rich Z 03-18-2014 05:03 PM

Bear in mind that speeding tickets are likely a major source of desperately needed income for that area......

But otherwise have lots of fun there! :thumbsup:

vettejack 03-19-2014 07:57 AM

We tamed the Dragon...

...back in '09 when we were returning from the National Corvette Museum national caravan. Not only did we do the Dragon, we did all 30 some miles to include North Carolina as well. Traci drove the whole route 129 east, I drove it all the way west.

Kap142 03-19-2014 08:13 AM

Rich, thanks for the info. Speed will be a non issue. I just want to enjoy the ride(s).;)

Jack, I have heard of several roads including other portions of 129 that are being added to routing all the time. Even Molly is going to get to spread white dog hair all over the interior.:thumbsup:

vettejack 03-19-2014 08:18 AM

You be careful out there my friend...

tons of bikes...usually the age where they think they are bulletproof. If my memory serves me right, at peak seasons, a motorcyclist is 'lost' almost on a weekly basis.

Either way...the car is challenged...especially when you're doing over 300 curves in 11 miles...obviously more if you're doing the whole thing into NC.

Say hi to my other GF for me too! LOL :hehehe:

vett boy 03-19-2014 10:08 AM

Reminder if there is a passenger Dramamine is a must.Those who say I don't get car sick will.will. I've hit it hard six times and I get the flip flops .

My next run will be in the fall when I take the car south for the winter. There are always some people from various Corvette Forums that group up ,about 8-10 cars .

I'll post here next October.

fgetter 03-20-2014 06:50 PM

Dragon Slayer

I did it on a Goldwing a few years back. I will go back with my C5!:dancer01:

Kap142 03-24-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettejack (Post 186688)
tons of bikes...usually the age where they think they are bulletproof. If my memory serves me right, at peak seasons, a motorcyclist is 'lost' almost on a weekly basis.

Either way...the car is challenged...especially when you're doing over 300 curves in 11 miles...obviously more if you're doing the whole thing into NC.

Say hi to my other GF for me too! LOL :hehehe:

Sure will my friend and to Traci too.