The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New location for Eckler's show (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1359)

zzzona 12-06-2006 05:48 PM

New location for Eckler's show

Just got this in my mail box....This should be great....

Eckler's Changing Date & Location for Annual Corvette Reunion
TITUSVILLE, Florida - November 20, 2006 - Eckler's Corvette of Titusville, Florida after 27 years is changing the date and location for its annual Corvette Reunion. The 28th Annual Corvette Reunion will be on Friday and Saturday, March 30-31, 2007 at Old Town in Kissimmee, Florida.

The new location, according to Michael Wilson, Eckler's V.P. of Sales & Marketing, "is ideal for a car show, with lots of parking plus all kinds of concessions and entertainment for attendees." The event will offer awards in various classes, there will be a manufacturer's midway, a swap meet and as always Eckler's famous scratch and dent sale. For all the previous years, Eckler's Corvette Reunion was held at its Titusville facility during the month of October.

For more information on Eckler's 28th Annual Corvette Reunion, call Cozette Alley at 321-385-1113 or e-mail her at Cozette.Alley@ecklers.net. You can also visit ecklers.com. for show details

Z06 Rocket 12-06-2006 07:22 PM

Niiiiice, I have gone once or twice to the Ecklers facility for the show, but it was such a long drive that I skipped it most of the years. I think I will go now since it is closer. The "Old Town" property is located in the center of the state which makes it alot closer for alot of people.

Gannet 12-06-2006 08:12 PM

It's a big disappointment to me. What makes it any different from any other show in Old Town now, of which there are dozens?

2Vettes 12-06-2006 08:35 PM

Hmmm, that's interesting news. We'll have to see what we're doing the end of March next year...

zzzona 12-06-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannet
It's a big disappointment to me. What makes it any different from any other show in Old Town now, of which there are dozens?

Their show at the facility got to be pretty boring...When it comes right down to it most shows are all the same..This might be better....or not....:shrug01:

Z06 Rocket 12-07-2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzzona
Their show at the facility got to be pretty boring...When it comes right down to it most shows are all the same..This might be better....or not....:shrug01:

Yes it was. You were stuck in their showroom trying to cool off or you could visit the one and only cafe across the street and HOPE you could even get in the door. There was nothing around. At least at Old Town they can walk the stores, BK and 1/2 dozen other restaurants around, and if you want a room theres alot of hotels within walking distance.

9T8Vette 12-07-2006 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Yes it was. You were stuck in their showroom trying to cool off or you could visit the one and only cafe across the street and HOPE you could even get in the door. There was nothing around. At least at Old Town they can walk the stores, BK and 1/2 dozen other restaurants around, and if you want a room theres alot of hotels within walking distance.

:iagree: It's cool to go to their event but you did sweat your a$$ off there.:ack2: Plus the trip will be shorter coming from the Westcoast:dancer01: I love the change myself:thumbsup:

ynkedad 12-10-2006 08:32 PM

Been looking for a reason to go back to Kissimmee.

We may just have to see about attending this Reunion!:yesnod:

Shadow 12-11-2006 08:15 AM

I might just put this on my calandar. I stayed away fromt the Ecklers location simply because I didn't want to buy anything from them and I considered it a big shop promotion. Like others said, there is nothing else to do there.

This could be fun! Good people, cars, food, hotels, attractions, short run from anywhere in the state....hell!!!! I'm in love!:rofl1:

How does anyone feel about a caravan over from the bay area?

Lou G 12-11-2006 04:01 PM

Since most of those attending will come from different parts of the state, how about setting something up to meet for lunch or something.
Would really like to meet this crew.