The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   A RESPONSE FROM CORVETTE FORUM (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17034)

MRS. XTREME 06-17-2008 05:24 PM

A RESPONSE FROM CORVETTE FORUM

So Chris gets this in his email today:
Greetings,
> I was asked to respond to your question which you sent to Corvette Forum
> Support regarding your user privileges being revoked on the Corvette
> Forum.
> As I pointed out to you in the PM I sent, there were several issues
> related to your commercial use of the Corvette Forum which is against the
> rules.
> Your user ID and other references to xtrememotorsports as well as your
> pattern of sale posts is in conflict with out rules on commercial posting.
>
> I refer to the following rule which is part of the user agreement you
> agreed to follow when you requested membership:
>
> "Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the
> Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the
> privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and
> services. Historically, we allow them to post in the generation sections
> and the regional sections to market and promote their products/services.
>
> Forum members are welcome to sell a Corvette or Corvette parts they
> purchased for their own personal use. Anything else is considered to be a
> commercial sale.
>
> No links or reference to eBay sales or any other auction or sales sites,
> please. If the sale is appropriate for the Forum, post it on the Forum,
> rather than linking to it elsewhere.
>
> Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or
> bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such
> mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address,
> URL, price, part number, etc.) and so frequent that they become marketing
> and promotional references.
>
> Only supporting vendors can post Group Purchase threads.
>
> Members can include a mention of their personal businesses in their
> signatures so long as the enterprise does not compete with an existing
> supporting vendor, is not Corvette-related and is not so detailed or so
> frequently appended to their posts that it becomes inappropriate marketing
> and promotion."
>
> If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to E-Mail.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jeff
> MvCrash on the CF
> Moderator

And I in return sent this email , just wanted everyone to know I really am glad this site is here

Whatever I have had the same name on this site since I signed up a while
ago, it had no reference to my website or email and I have never had a
problem before whatsover and as far as my avatar I told no one that was by
business so if they figured that out that was their own smarts, I could have
made that avatar up completely without owning a business !
This site is purely for money it has no intention on helping anyone with any
problems the Corvette enthusiast may have, I am more than glad to be off
this site where most people just be-little people and make fun of their
rides they are trying to sell and what prices they are selling them for!

I have another forum that is far better when it comes to people and respect
for others that I will continue to use and put my money towards!
If you'd like to join please do www.corvetteflorida.com
Here you can speak your mind and not have to worry about whos toes your
gonna step on!!

Have a great day!

Rich Z 06-17-2008 07:28 PM

I really do appreciate the kind words about this site, but PLEASE don't put this site in the position of bumping heads with another site. They have their policies and we have ours. There really is no need to pit one site against the other based on differing policies and opinions.

I don't have any problems with members discussing other sites, just as I have no problems with members discussing the failings of THIS site. I would just prefer that it not turn to some sort of pissing duel putting us all in the unfortunate position of a "us" and "them" sort of confrontation. No good could really come of something like that for anyone.

So please keep this in mind in future posts here, and in correspondence with those associated with other sites as well.

xtrememotorsports 06-17-2008 07:57 PM

Sorry

Sorry Rich this will be the last post on this matter its over and done with,my wife hates it when someone dose something to me she is very protective.It made it worse that it was about me and the business that makes it twice as bad.

:wavey:

Shadow 06-17-2008 08:02 PM

Don't sweat it, it'll all pass:thumbsup:

Rich Z 06-17-2008 09:07 PM

Yeah, don't worry about it Chris. I just didn't want any thread to turn into just a bash fest about another site.

I've been banned from a couple of Corvette sites myself, so I know how it turns your attitude against them....

If you don't know the trick to getting unbanned to at least be a lurker, PM me and I'll tell you....

Yellow 06-18-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME (Post 62409)
I told no one that was by
business
so if they figured that out that was their own smarts, I could have
made that avatar up completely without owning a business !

Biography:
My name is Chris Harwood I am the owner of Xtreme Motorsports in Blountstown Fl,I am glad to see a site dedicated to one of my true loves "corvettes".I am 29 I have been in the GM performance industry since 1999 when I joined MTI Racing in Atlanta where I worked in the shop.Then,in 2004 I was chosen to head up the build of one of the 20 C5R covette kit cars.In the begining of 2006 with the support of my family I started Xtreme Motorsports.I have been in vette magazine in the dietary horsepower a

:NoNo: You let everyone know it was your business.

Yellow 06-18-2008 12:14 AM

[quote=Rich Z;62425
If you don't know the trick to getting unbanned to at least be a lurker, PM me and I'll tell you....[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:

Shadow 06-18-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow (Post 62435)
Biography:
My name is Chris Harwood I am the owner of Xtreme Motorsports in Blountstown Fl,I am glad to see a site dedicated to one of my true loves "corvettes".I am 29 I have been in the GM performance industry since 1999 when I joined MTI Racing in Atlanta where I worked in the shop.Then,in 2004 I was chosen to head up the build of one of the 20 C5R covette kit cars.In the begining of 2006 with the support of my family I started Xtreme Motorsports.I have been in vette magazine in the dietary horsepower a

:NoNo: You let everyone know it was your business.

Was this posted on the board or in his bio in the profile? Says "biography" in your post.

If it was on the main board, then one of the mods/admins should have picked up on it immediately and informed him rather than waiting for him to screw up and post a sale.

MRS. XTREME 06-18-2008 08:00 AM

Exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 62444)
Was this posted on the board or in his bio in the profile? Says "biography" in your post.

If it was on the main board, then one of the mods/admins should have picked up on it immediately and informed him rather than waiting for him to screw up and post a sale.

That has been our point all along, why all of a sudden is their a problem? We havent had any problems since we signed up I wanna say 2 yrs ago.

Thank you shadow!! I am begining to think "Yellow" has a very close affiliation with the Corvette forum and somehow we are offending her!

MRS. XTREME 06-18-2008 08:00 AM

Exactly

Quote:

That has been our point all along, why all of a sudden is their a problem? We havent had any problems since we signed up I wanna say 2 yrs ago.

Thank you shadow!! I am begining to think "Yellow" has a very close affiliation with the Corvette forum and somehow we are offending her!

MRS. XTREME 06-18-2008 08:17 AM

Yes I am sorry Rich

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 62412)
I really do appreciate the kind words about this site, but PLEASE don't put this site in the position of bumping heads with another site. They have their policies and we have ours. There really is no need to pit one site against the other based on differing policies and opinions.

I don't have any problems with members discussing other sites, just as I have no problems with members discussing the failings of THIS site. I would just prefer that it not turn to some sort of pissing duel putting us all in the unfortunate position of a "us" and "them" sort of confrontation. No good could really come of something like that for anyone.

So please keep this in mind in future posts here, and in correspondence with those associated with other sites as well.

Chris is right , I am VERY protective of him and our business I do not take crap!! We started from nothing, no loans, no grants, no rich family members-
we actually sold a bunch of our own personal stuff and lived VERY poor for awhile in order to get this businesss started that he dreamed about doing. We took risks and gave up a lot, and called crazy at the same time.
So when it comes to these two things, my hot headed temper comes out and I dont play!!!
So I apologize again!! The email I wrote was actually VERY nice compared to what I wanted to write! But I held it in!! :thumbsup:

Yellow 06-18-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

in his profile,

If I am buying from someone I check their profile...I am sure other do too.
I bet someone reported him once they saw no supporting vendor tag. They mods cannot check everyone, you know how big the board is.

MRS. XTREME 06-18-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow (Post 62472)
in his profile,

If I am buying from someone I check their profile...I am sure other do too.
I bet someone reported him once they saw no supporting vendor tag. They mods cannot check everyone, you know how big the board is.

Well 2 years went by ( at least thats how long I think he was signed up) and he sold parts in that time and has never had a problem, so I guess maybe all of am sudden someone realized he was getting noticed in a good way by a lot people or something and wasnt about to let it continue with out the BIG BUCKS $$ being paid. Thats all I can think!!

Yellow 06-18-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME (Post 62454)

Corvette Forum is a very big. Members report something and that is when the mods look into it. The members have the ability to police, but the mods have the final say. The mods do not get paid for what they do.

Yes I have been a member of Corvette forum since 02. I have a Lemon and Corvette Forum helped me through many issues with a Vette that went into the shop 40+ times. I was able to get a free extended warranty from GM as they saw all the problems. No “Lemon Law” as I purchased it used with (3K miles). The wealth of knowledge I gained from the Corvette Forum has been vast. I have been raising money for St. Jude all year for several years. That is the closest affiliation I have to it. I am also an events coordinator.

I have many friends on corvette and most of them are like family. They only people who stay with me are friends from the Corvette Forum. They are all over the world, Australia, Florida, Texas etc. I also am very close to all my friends in Tampa Bay Vettes.

I would not say offending, but I dislike when people complain about another forum (on any forum) and say I was banned for nothing. Your business broke the vendor rule of Corvette Forum that is written in black and white. I am sorry you disagree about the rules. But it is what it is.

I have friends here at Corvette Florida and use some of the vendors here (Greg has gone out of his way many times for me), I also use Corvette forum vendors and of course I use vendors that are not on either forum. Some of these vendors that are not on either forum are my friends, and some are just will to work with a girl and her girly car - that does not sound girly :reddevil:.

MRS. XTREME 06-18-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow (Post 62475)
Corvette Forum is a very big. Members report something and that is when the mods look into it. The members have the ability to police, but the mods have the final say. The mods do not get paid for what they do.

Yes I have been a member of Corvette forum since 02. I have a Lemon and Corvette Forum helped me through many issues with a Vette that went into the shop 40+ times. I was able to get a free extended warranty from GM as they saw all the problems. No “Lemon Law” as I purchased it used with (3K miles). The wealth of knowledge I gained from the Corvette Forum has been vast. I have been raising money for St. Jude all year for several years. That is the closest affiliation I have to it. I am also an events coordinator.

I have many friends on corvette and most of them are like family. They only people who stay with me are friends from the Corvette Forum. They are all over the world, Australia, Florida, Texas etc. I also am very close to all my friends in Tampa Bay Vettes.

I would not say offending, but I dislike when people complain about another forum (on any forum) and say I was banned for nothing. Your business broke the vendor rule of Corvette Forum that is written in black and white. I am sorry you disagree about the rules. But it is what it is.

I have friends here at Corvette Florida and use some of the vendors here (Greg has gone out of his way many times for me), I also use Corvette forum vendors and of course I use vendors that are not on either forum. Some of these vendors that are not on either forum are my friends, and some are just will to work with a girl and her girly car - that does not sound girly :reddevil:.

That's what I thougt :dancer01:

We were banned all of a sudden after doing nothing different then we have ever done before on that site. That's why I have a problem with it!!!!!!!!

Rich Z 06-18-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow (Post 62475)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME (Post 62477)
That's what I thougt :dancer01:

We were banned all of a sudden after doing nothing different then we have ever done before on that site. That's why I have a problem with it!!!!!!!!

Well, I've been thinking about this quite a bit, and I have to side with Yellow, at least partially.

If someone has been doing something illegal their entire life and finally gets caught and cited, the fact that they never got caught prior is really no defense. Even not knowing about the "law" is really not a viable defense, but in some cases, it could be grounds for some leniency.

Now that being said, in my opinion, to permanently BAN a member for such an infraction is really not in anyone's best interests. Why make a permanent enemy of a potential sponsor or advertiser over what could have likely been a mistake in judgment?

I personally think our interest and hobby would be much better served if people would just make the effort to give the benefit of the doubt first, before creating hostility when it could be avoided.

MRS. XTREME 06-19-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 62547)
Well, I've been thinking about this quite a bit, and I have to side with Yellow, at least partially.

If someone has been doing something illegal their entire life and finally gets caught and cited, the fact that they never got caught prior is really no defense. Even not knowing about the "law" is really not a viable defense, but in some cases, it could be grounds for some leniency.

Now that being said, in my opinion, to permanently BAN a member for such an infraction is really not in anyone's best interests. Why make a permanent enemy of a potential sponsor or advertiser over what could have likely been a mistake in judgment?

I personally think our interest and hobby would be much better served if people would just make the effort to give the benefit of the doubt first, before creating hostility when it could be avoided.

Rich ,please dont take this in a disrespectful way-

We were banned fine , good and dandy BUT the parts we were selling were our parts they didnt belong to anyone else.
When they locked the thread over there they sent an email within minutes and stated they locked it because "you cant sell customers parts".Meanwhile we sent them an email stating this was not anyone else's parts except our own we owned them, within 5mins of that email we were banned.And also asked them how you can assume which parts we sell our our own and which aren't??
So still makes no sense to us, but that's the last I am going to talk about this issue because now we are :beatdeadhorse5:--

Thanks for everyones input good and bad. I learned quite a bit :reddevil::waveyd:

Shadow 06-19-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Corvette Forum is a very big.
So we've heard:D

Quote:

Members report something and that is when the mods look into it. The members have the ability to police, but the mods have the final say. The mods do not get paid for what they do.
I thought it was the "Admins" that made the "final decision" to perma-ban someone? At least thats was what I was told when I was banned without being provided a reason. I was referred to the admins.

Quote:

Yes I have been a member of Corvette forum since 02. I have a Lemon and Corvette Forum helped me through many issues with a Vette that went into the shop 40+ times. I was able to get a free extended warranty from GM as they saw all the problems. No “Lemon Law” as I purchased it used with (3K miles). The wealth of knowledge I gained from the Corvette Forum has been vast. I have been raising money for St. Jude all year for several years. That is the closest affiliation I have to it. I am also an events coordinator

Many of us have been involved in St. Judes over the years:thumbsup:It's a great cause. I still do it, I just do it through other channels now instead of the other forum. Thanks for donating and fundrasing:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now, what does any of the above have to do with the OP's banning?:shrug01::confused:

Quote:

As do most on other forums. So why would "family and friends" treat other "family & friends" so poortly?

Quote:

I dislike forum complaining as well. True, I've done my share and won't deny that but from a few weeks ago on out, I'll only voice an opinion and state facts. I could care less what another forum does!

Yet, we hear (or at least heard) pretty frequently from some about how "this" forum (and others on occasion) was improperly moderated or administrated, or how we were too small to be a viable competitor (Not that this was EVER in the plans to "compete") and how we "should" be set up and run. Some of this was posted here, some in other places and some in the form of e-mails to a select group. Some, even done anoymously through proxy servers.:thumbsdown:

Why not just accept things and forums for what they are?

And while I agree with you about "complaining", sometimes people need to vent. Without that ability, anger builds. There's no reason for that to happen :NoNo:

Unfortunately, when you are cut off at the knees, the ability to "vent" or to even have a two (2) way communication is negated.
This is what happens when a person or vendor is suddenly and without warning, banned, correctly or otherwise.

People tend to go where they can speak openly and voice thier concerns, complaint, vent thier anger, ad opinion, without fear of retribution.

Obviously, he can not do that if he's banned. And based on the previous track record, even if he could post, if he questioned the action(s) publically, he'd get banned or edited anyway.
As we saw here recently, even though we may not agree, we still have the ability to speak our minds on an issue:thumbsup: even if it impacts the forum or it's membership (as long as it stays civil). Not a bad set up IMHO:)

So he came here where he felt "safe", to complain. No biggie. Get it out of your system and we move on.

On one site, they actually had a CF gripe thread that was for just that purpose. It stayed open a few months during the exodus, then I believe they closed it. It served it's purpose.

If in this case, my case or many others that could be brought to light, if there had been a DIALOGUE, then I wouldn't have such an issue with it. And in some cases, there has been:thumbsup:

I've seen first hand, the "legit" repeat offenders banned over and over again on the other forum, until they're finally perma-banned.

I have no issues with that whatsoever.

And if that is/was the case here, then I'd fully agree with you, the moderator that banned him or the administrator. But without evidence of that, I can't support the way they do business. And it is a business.

If it's truly about the friendships as you mention and the ability to assist others in the Corvette family, then you'd understand. But it's not. It's about the $$$ and that's ok since it is a business and has to make $$ to survive.
But...lets call it what it truly is an stop all the touchy feeliness.

It's a BUSINESS first and foremost, to make $$ for IB by increasing it's appeal for advertisers. And the betterment of that goal necessarily (as with most if not all businesses) will always be first and foremost.

Next, it's about the members and whats best or good for them.

It's a great place to get international exposure. It's great place to meet people from other areas:thumbsup:

Are there other places to do the same thing? You betcha. But the other forum has been around longer, tends to pop up more frequently on a search engine and tends to capture the newbies entering the Corvette world. For that reason alone, it will likely always thrive:thumbsup:

Frankly, there are many Corvette sites out there that are internationalin flavor and are thriving just fine without all the corporate dollars. They're nowhere near the size of the other forum, but they're still viable and useful and full of information. If people would visit them and actually post on occasion, then you'd see them flourish as well.

There's truly room on the internet for everyone:dancer01:

Unfortunately, most people are creatures of habit.

We tend to go the same way to work and home, drink the same drinks, eat the same foods, etc etc etc. It's a study in human nature.

That said, we tend to gravitate to places where we've been before.
In this case, we tend to visit the same forums.

I personally know many that either no longer post or post infrequently, yet still go there to "keep tabs" on some of thier friends.:thumbsup:
Like some of them have said, they just can't "break the habit."

You'll get through it and be happier in the long run:thumbsup:

As I've said beofre, and not that it matters to anyone there, but IMHO, "FRIENDS" don't treat "FRIENDS" that way:NoNo:

Quote:

I am sorry you disagree about the rules. But it is what it is
I agree. Now you know how I feel about this place!:thumbsup:

Quote:

I have friends here at Corvette Florida and use some of the vendors here (Greg has gone out of his way many times for me), I also use Corvette forum vendors and of course I use vendors that are not on either forum. Some of these vendors that are not on either forum are my friends, and some are just will to work with a girl and her girly car - that does not sound girly
Greg has certainly helped me as well. But God fobid you mention that on the other forum:NoNo:

I've seen cases where, although the "rules" state you can give "props" to a non-supporting vendor, the threads have been locked or deleted when such activity has occurred "quoting "non-supporting vendor" ?
Again, it doesn't matter, it's thier sandbox, but lets be fair about it, ok?

Unlike Rich, as far as taking sides in this matter, I can't, or at least I won't.

Breaking a "Law" and violating a TOS on a web site are totally different creatures. Apple and oranges in a sense.

As for TOS's, although they are as Yellow stated, in "black & white", no body's going to die if one is broken.

There needs to be a little more HUMAN INTERVENTION in these matters IMO.

If the site were set up in such as way as to automatically ban a user for a violation of a TOS, then I could understand it. But as long as a HUMAN BEING has to take the action, I feel there should be more dialouge before such extreme action is taken for such minor violations.

That said, if there was a previous dialogue that we may not be privy to here, then fine, the ban was deserved.

In most places, if you slap the moderator or administrator in the face, you het to go away, at least for a while:thumbsup:

Rich Z 06-19-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME (Post 62561)
Rich ,please dont take this in a disrespectful way-

We were banned fine , good and dandy BUT the parts we were selling were our parts they didnt belong to anyone else.
When they locked the thread over there they sent an email within minutes and stated they locked it because "you cant sell customers parts".Meanwhile we sent them an email stating this was not anyone else's parts except our own we owned them, within 5mins of that email we were banned.And also asked them how you can assume which parts we sell our our own and which aren't??
So still makes no sense to us, but that's the last I am going to talk about this issue because now we are :beatdeadhorse5:--

Thanks for everyones input good and bad. I learned quite a bit :reddevil::waveyd:

No, I'm not taking offense at this at all. I just see both sides to it. I agree that the site does have rules that they need to enforce. But I do not think the way you were handled in reference to their rules was in the best interests of all involved.

That is simply my opinion.....

Yellow 06-19-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 62563)
I thought it was the "Admins" that made the "final decision" to perma-ban someone?

Maybe for perma-ban :shrug01:

Shadow 06-19-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 62570)
No, I'm not taking offense at this at all. I just see both sides to it. I agree that the site does have rules that they need to enforce. But I do not think the way you were handled in reference to their rules was in the best interests of all involved.

That is simply my opinion.....

:iagree:

Yellow 06-19-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Many of us have been involved in St. Judes over the years:thumbsup:It's a great cause. I still do it, I just do it through other channels now instead of the other forum. Thanks for donating and fundrasing:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now, what does any of the above have to do with the OP's banning?:shrug01::confused:

MRS. Xtreme asked my affiliation to Corvette Forum :thumbsup:

Yellow 06-19-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

As do most on other forums. So why would "family and friends" treat other "family & friends" so poortly?

What are you trying to say?

I was making the point I have not found the family or friend here, except for the ones I already knew through Corvette Forum and TBV.
Just as you said you have never warmed up to TBV, I have never warmed up to here.

Yellow 06-19-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

So he came here where he felt "safe", to complain. No biggie. Get it out of your system and we move on.

Felt safe...
and posted a personal message. There is a reason they are called personal. I do not feel a PM should ever be shared :NoNo:

Yellow 06-19-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

As I've said beofre, and not that it matters to anyone there, but IMHO, "FRIENDS" don't treat "FRIENDS" that way

are you POT or KETTLE?

Yellow 06-19-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately, when you are cut off at the knees, the ability to "vent" or to even have a two (2) way communication is negated.

We tend to go the same way to work and home, drink the same drinks, eat the same foods, etc etc etc. It's a study in human nature.

So is it “cut off at the knees” if some outside source (someone) does not allow you to be a creature of habit?

Yellow 06-19-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 62581)
Greg has certainly helped me as well. But God fobid you mention that on the other forum:NoNo:

I've seen cases where, although the "rules" state you can give "props" to a non-supporting vendor, the threads have been locked or deleted when such activity has occurred "quoting "non-supporting vendor" ?

If you want to know anout this ask Greg, and if he wants to explain it to you then fine.

Yellow 06-19-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 62581)
That said, if there was a previous dialogue that we may not be privy to here, then fine, the ban was deserved.

I would assume this is the case with most banning :rolleyes:

Yellow 06-19-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 62547)

:thumbsup:

MRS. XTREME 06-19-2008 02:14 PM

Well

I was making the point I have not found the family or friend here, except for the ones I already knew through Corvette Forum and TBV.
Just as you said you have never warmed up to TBV, I have never warmed up to here.[/font][/quote]

If you have never warmed up here, then why do you continue to come here?
Just wondering not trying to start a B*tch fight.

Yellow 06-19-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME (Post 62596)
If you have never warmed up here, then why do you continue to come here?
Just wondering not trying to start a B*tch fight.

my love for Corvettes...

I do not need to warm up to every site or the people on it.

MRS. XTREME 06-19-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow (Post 62604)
my love for Corvettes...

I do not need to warm up to every site or the people on it.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

No wonder most of your post are just "taking up for the CF" is that part of your job over there too ????

Yellow 06-19-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME (Post 62606)
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

No wonder most of your post are just "taking up for the CF" is that part of your job over there too ????

I do not have a "job" over there :rolleyes:

I volunteer to raise monry for St. Jude and Coordinate Local Events

Shadow 06-19-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

MRS. Xtreme asked my affiliation to Corvette Forum
Ok. I thought member was sufficient? It read more like a BIO to me.

Originally Posted by Shadow
As do most on other forums. So why would "family and friends" treat other "family & friends" so poorly?

Quote:

Originally posted by Yellow:
What are you trying to say?
I'm nto "trying" to say anything? I think the question speaks for itself:thumbsup:

Quote:

Just as you said you have never warmed up to TBV, I have never warmed up to here.
As mentioned then, why continue to come back? If I don't feel comfortable, I generally don't go back. I sure as heck don't go into some place that's uncomfortable and start defending anything.
There are a few sites that I visit that I don't get "warm fuzzies" from either. I seldom frequent them except when I'm bored or looking for information I can't find elsewhere.

FWIW, after things went downhill (IMO) after the IB buyout, CF felt that way to me:( The "family & friends" feeling went away and it was just another website to gather information. Hell, I didn't even post for about a month, just lurked and read.

So he came here where he felt "safe", to complain. No biggie. Get it out of your system and we move on

Quote:

Felt safe...
and posted a personal message. There is a reason they are called personal. I do not feel a PM should ever be shared
I agree, however, he did so to present facts in a matter at question. In those cases, I don't have a problem with them. Heck, in a civil suit they can be subpoenaed. The moral is: Don't send anything by PM or E-Mail that you don't want read;)

As I've said before, and not that it matters to anyone there, but IMHO, "FRIENDS" don't treat "FRIENDS" that way

Quote:

are you POT or KETTLE?
That position has been filled:

pewter99
Pot Stirrer

I'm the cooler (not sure you'd know what I mean;):lmao::lmao:

Seriously. Can't handle a little criticism? Difficult to understand?
The statement is simple and simply stated. Friends don't treat Friends the way some have been treated!

If you're implying that I've treated anyone the way some of these folks have been treated, then you're mistaken.

And the term "friend" is not one I use loosely. Aquaintences are quite another thing.

I've never banned anyone, friend or otherwise, here or elsewhere, without first giving them a chance to correct thier actions and without giving them sufficient warning.

Even the Porn and spammers get a reason and a message from me;):thumbsup:

Quote:

So is it “cut off at the knees” if some outside source (someone) does not allow you to be a creature of habit?
You want to formulate a question in response to my quote that actually makes sense? Are we talking extraterrestrials? God? UFO's?:lmao::lmao:
(BTW-I think you knwo darned well what I meant. Nice try:thumbsup:)

Greg has certainly helped me as well. But God fobid you mention that on the other forum

Quote:

If you want to know anout this ask Greg, and if he wants to explain it to you then fine.
I have no need to "ask Greg" anything, nor do I feel the need to drag Greg into your mess. FWIW, I've the above stated matter with my own 2 eyes, thank you. :thumbsup:

Quote:

I would assume this is the case with most banning
...One should never "ass-U-Me":NoNo: (see my response above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
Amen!:thumbsup:

Yellow 06-19-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 62622)
Ok. I thought member was sufficient? It read more like a BIO to me.

She asked my affiliation, so she knew I was more than just a member ;)

Yellow 06-19-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

The moral is: Don't send anything by PM or E-Mail that you don't want read;)

or reply to all ;)

Yellow 06-19-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

If you're implying that I've treated anyone the way some of these folks have been treated, then you're mistaken.

And the term "friend" is not one I use loosely. Aquaintences are quite another thing.

I've never banned anyone, friend or otherwise, here or elsewhere, without first giving them a chance to correct thier actions and without giving them sufficient warning.

Even the Porn and spammers get a reason and a message from me;):thumbsup:

Why are you always talking about moderation? . It seems you are not talking to me, but seem to obsessed with who you think is posting. I though this was about friends. I know and you know what you have done to “Brothers” . I will not bring that up here

Yellow 06-19-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow (Post 62590)

Quote:

You want to formulate a question in response to my quote that actually makes sense? Are we talking extraterrestrials? God? UFO's?:lmao::lmao:
(BTW-I think you knwo darned well what I meant. Nice try:thumbsup:)

You know what I am talking about. You are the "extraterrestrial" who decided that it was time to take forum crap and project it on life. You overstepped the bounds. You do not realize who else you affected (Some of your "Friends - Family" who are here)

Rich Z 06-19-2008 11:09 PM

Please note the topic that this thread is about. If there are some personal issues between some members, they may be better resolved via PMs rather than engaging in a public display.

Shadow 06-20-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow (Post 62626)
or reply to all ;)

Just curious? Wouldn't "reply to all" negate the "Private" part of "Private" or "personal" Message?;)