The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   08 corvette (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2471)

vett boy 04-18-2007 07:29 PM

08 corvette

I'm about to negotiate for an 08 which I can order the end of May .What is your favorite dealer in greater central Florida .Say within 150 miles of Orlando.

85vette 04-18-2007 09:54 PM

Can't help you with central Florida dealers, but it may be worth your while to contact Bruce Glueck Chevrolet in Jasper, Florida. He is known nationally for his low pricing. He advertises in many popular magazines that he will sell for $50.00 over DEALER invoice or he will give you $1000.00. (not sure if this applies to Vettes) He doesn't keep much inventory, but you're going to order yours anyway. It might be worth the drive.

98 softtail 04-18-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy
I'm about to negotiate for an 08 which I can order the end of May .What is your favorite dealer in greater central Florida .Say within 150 miles of Orlando.

If you are going to order it in May, you might want to contact the NCM to see if they have a partnership with a dealer in the area and do a NCM delivery. I know it takes a while when ordering a specific car, but it might be worth it later on...

Pres712 04-19-2007 07:46 AM

Dimmitt Chevrolet

Our club sponsor is Dimmitt Chevrolet in Clearwater. One of our club members, Mark McIntyre is a new car salesman there. They have been our sponsor since 1970 and not only do they give us a decent price they have excellent service. Give Mark a call at 727-791-1818, tell him Jim Hildebrand sent you. For every car, new or used, he sells due to the club he gives the treasurery $100. And that has no affect on the price to you.

Good luck!!! :thumbsup:

vett boy 04-19-2007 10:01 AM

I have an offer of Invoice with no add on's from a dealer in Missouri.And they will drop ship or museum del for $500.Thats as good of a deal as I could ever expect.
I'd prefer to buy the car either in Florida or New Hampshire. I'll register in NH as theres no sales tax.
Those names given to me shall be contacted and thanks.

Rich Z 04-19-2007 12:46 PM

Dang, I wish I could have registered my C6 in NH! I had to pay sales tax here in Florida when I registered it here. I still don't understand how Florida is due sales tax on something that was not PURCHASED in this state. I complied with the wording of the regulation by paying the due sales tax within the state it was purchased ($0).

If you buy in NH, talk with Tommy Jr. at MacMulkin. He was good to deal with. If you buy from him, he will also sell you a GMPP extended warranty at only $100 over his COST.

Good luck!

lqdblu 04-19-2007 01:25 PM

If I was looking to order a new one I would go with somebody like Kerbeck or Macmillan,or Boardwalk Cevrolet if you go to Corvetteforum.com there is a list of national corvette dealers that give a lot better deals than local guys in Orlando, or the Tampa area. Unless of course you want to play close to sticker.

Good luck with your search.

thebeepster 04-19-2007 04:11 PM

Sounds like you're already wired with the Missouri dealer...hard to beat. Go ahead w/ that or deal w/ a Corvette Forum Sponsor and take the Museum delivery, don't be like me...sorry later. Don't waste your time w/ central FLA dealers. When I was shopping for my C6, a certain Clearwater dealer (previously mentioned above) offered me a special "Corvette Club discount" - $1000 off MSRP...whopeee!!!:crazy03: Good Luck!

vett boy 04-19-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
Dang, I wish I could have registered my C6 in NH! I had to pay sales tax here in Florida when I registered it here. I still don't understand how Florida is due sales tax on something that was not PURCHASED in this state. I complied with the wording of the regulation by paying the due sales tax within the state it was purchased ($0).

If you buy in NH, talk with Tommy Jr. at MacMulkin. He was good to deal with. If you buy from him, he will also sell you a GMPP extended warranty at only $100 over his COST.

Good luck!

Just talked with him and he made me basically the same offer.Invoice with no add on's.I just want to line up my deal ahead of time.
Next thing will be to move out of Conway self storage into something with indoor plumbing.:thumbsup:

Rich Z 04-19-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy
Just talked with him and he made me basically the same offer.Invoice with no add on's.I just want to line up my deal ahead of time.
Next thing will be to move out of Conway self storage into something with indoor plumbing.:thumbsup:

When you talk to Tommy again, tell him Rich Z says "Hi"! :thumbsup: