The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   On The Road in Florida (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Another road trip in the ZO6! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30519)

1Bad'66 05-07-2009 03:34 PM

Another road trip in the ZO6!

Leaving tomorrow morning and heading to Key West. Going to take the scenic route (41 to krome to 1). Staying at the Southernmost Hotel. I can't wait to cruise over the 7 mile bridge! I will be taking a ton of pics and will be videoing the cruise over the bridge with my new GoPro video camera system!

I'll post up pics when we get back!

:wavey:

vett boy 05-07-2009 04:31 PM

Aw some! I love key West .My wife and I stay at the sister hotel the Hibiscus .I can't imagine that you won't have a blast.

Shadow 05-07-2009 09:18 PM

Ok!! I oficially hate you now!!!:lmao::lmao:

Enjoy the Keys!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1Bad'66 05-08-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 89249)
Aw some! I love key West .My wife and I stay at the sister hotel the Hibiscus .I can't imagine that you won't have a blast.

It'll be great! Good times...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 89266)
Ok!! I oficially hate you now!!!:lmao::lmao:
Enjoy the Keys!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Shadow! Don't be a hater man!! lol. I'm just really enjoying the 'vette and all the places we can go in it. It is soooo much different, read that better, than my old hot rod...in so many ways. :thumbsup:

Shadow 05-08-2009 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Bad'66 (Post 89277)
...Thanks Shadow! Don't be a hater man!! lol. I'm just really enjoying the 'vette and all the places we can go in it. It is soooo much different, read that better, than my old hot rod...in so many ways. :thumbsup:

Sounds like it:thumbsup:

Lets see? Z06 + 7 Mile Bridge + Key West this time of year...and I'm stuck, in TAMPA, + Behind this desk/computer 99% of the time....huummm???...yeah, that's about right. Ok, I still hate you!:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Seriously my friend, enjoy the trip:thumbsup::dancer01:

1Bad'66 05-08-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 89279)
Sounds like it:thumbsup:

Lets see? Z06 + 7 Mile Bridge + Key West this time of year...and I'm stuck, in TAMPA, + Behind this desk/computer 99% of the time....huummm???...yeah, that's about right. Ok, I still hate you!:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Seriously my friend, enjoy the trip:thumbsup::dancer01:

LOL! 10-4, wil do!

Be safe...

:wavey:

Rich427 05-08-2009 09:55 AM

Hey Bad!,

The Corvettes of Naples takes a trip down to the Keys every year and normally stay in Islamorada. I can tell you that the drive from Islamorada down to Key
West is a great ride. We dropped the top on our '01 and the view crossing the 7 mile bridge is absolutely stunning. Enjoy the trip!

Rich

1Bad'66 05-08-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427 (Post 89295)
Hey Bad!,

The Corvettes of Naples takes a trip down to the Keys every year and normally stay in Islamorada. I can tell you that the drive from Islamorada down to Key
West is a great ride. We dropped the top on our '01 and the view crossing the 7 mile bridge is absolutely stunning. Enjoy the trip!

Rich

Rich, when do you guys do this? This sounds like a great cruise with a bunch of vettes!

Rich427 05-08-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Bad'66 (Post 89299)
Rich, when do you guys do this? This sounds like a great cruise with a bunch of vettes!

It is normally in September. But the club just voted last night that since they have been going down to the keys as long as they have that it might be nice to change the summer trip location. So, this September it looks like the club is going to go to St. Augustine. Let me know if you want some information.

Rich

Shadow 05-08-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427 (Post 89310)
It is normally in September. But the club just voted last night that since they have been going down to the keys as long as they have that it might be nice to change the summer trip location. So, this September it looks like the club is going to go to St. Augustine. Let me know if you want some information.

Rich

St. Augustine is nice:thumbsup:

You might also consider Cedar Key. Sort of a Key West North, without all the partying.

Beautiful area and a sweet drive west to the key:thumbsup: