The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Star Trek (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30602)

zee sting 05-09-2009 10:33 PM

Star Trek

Saw this last night and thought it was awesome. They did a great job with connecting this to the orignal series but not over doing it. The special effects were very good. I took my 13 year old and he thought it was great. I give it a thumbs up!:thumbsup:

Pres712 05-10-2009 07:16 PM

Awesome!

I went Friday to the 3:15 matinee and it was full. Got there 1/2 hr early and got my "right in the middle" seat!

I bought my first color set in '65 because they advertised that this "Star Trek" would be broadcast in COLOR! I've been hooked ever since. :yesnod:

Altho some scenes were fast and out of focus, all in all it was awesome. It was really great how they brought all the characters together. I couldn't get a handle on the Spock-Uhura romance tho? I hated to see that '65 go over the cliff :ack2:

I will probably go back in a few weeks!!!:thumbsup:

Spinedoc 05-10-2009 09:50 PM

Thanks for posting your reviews. I will definately see it. I too am a trekie...

THOR 05-11-2009 09:02 AM

Awesome flick and action to boot. The 65 going off the cliff was really SAD especially since it was 300 years old. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toejo40 05-11-2009 09:20 PM

Need your help getting husband to go see the movie

I was a trekkie as far as I can remember. When I was a little girl my father took me to at Star Trek convention at the Harford Civic Center. We got to meet Leonard Nemoy, William Shatner, & Gene Rodenberry. I still have the Enterprise pendant my Dad bought we to wear on a necklace.

They say you will marry a man that is similar to your own father. Well my husband is a trekkie fan. He said when the Next Generation series came out in the 80s he went and bought his first VCR. Remember how expensive they were when they first came out? He was very disappointed with the series. Only the original series will do.

I suggested we go see this movie at the movie theatre but he thinks it will be disappointing and doesn't want to go. For all you guys that have seen the movie what should I tell him?

zee sting 05-11-2009 11:35 PM

This is almost like the Star Wars series. They filmed the middle in the 70s and came back with the first three chapters explaining on how it all began. Tell him it is the origin of how they all came together. I am a big Star Trek fan and really enjoyed how they tied it all in. Well worth the ticket. Certainly would go see it again.

THOR 05-12-2009 09:58 AM

Hy Toejo40, tell him it's worth it to see it. I grew up inth 60's and was concerned that they would screw it up too.

Toejo40 05-12-2009 09:32 PM

Thanks for the info....looks like I'm taking my 80 year old father to go see it.

MyakkaVice 05-15-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toejo40 (Post 89521)
Thanks for the info....looks like I'm taking my 80 year old father to go see it.

Go see it, you wont be dissapointed. :thumbsup:

98 softtail 05-16-2009 12:53 AM

LIVE LONG and PROSPER ! v