View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road
Default My Character, or lack there of...... cont.

Late November 2007 my number seven piston ring messed up in my motor and compression was down to 65. New motor time. I privately questioned a tuner's modification that was done to my car but I refused to air it publicly or name the tuner, to which I still have not to this day. By this time I had been in the Corvette/performance community long enough and saw how on line forums worked and what happens to people who air grievances in the open, the followers of the person you have a problem with gang up on you and it all turns bad. So I decided to keep my mouth shut and accept the blame as I could have said NO to the modification but didn't. I asked Tracy not to say anything about this issue, but he was not happy as he has a history with this particular tuner, I for one did not want the drama.

By December 2007 I was ready to leave RevX. I should have left earlier. No keys, no videos, no commissions, no parts as of yet, nothing. Several times I was ready to deck JP, he was constantly bothering me and putting me down, interfering with communication between me and Tracy. JP went into my office and removed things that belonged to me.

Some more mistakes I made. A customer came in for a differential and transmission sometime in late October 2007. I had done the tunnel plate modification and loved it. I was pitching it to the customer. I believed in the product, I still have it on my car. I convinced the customer to purchase it. I marked the price up 22%. Pretty much standard mark up in most industries. The customer accepted the price which I had to cover shipping as well. Initially the customer was happy with the item. I made like 50 bucks I think I'm not sure. Well the transmission blew up and the customer came back. JP tells the customer he could have bought the tunnel plate on line and saved the 22% I marked it up. So the customer said take it off he didn’t want it. I had already collected the fifty bucks and felt that I was owed this regardless due to the past 2 months of coming to and from the job with no compensation.

As of this point, I had one tune done which took forever to get done and I threatened to quit over not getting it like I was supposed to. On top of that the tune was a rush job, he spent all of fifteen minutes tuning the car. No commissions were paid on jobs. No keys. No space. And I passed on my knowledge of marketing to RevX. I showed them about posting in forums for marketing purposes, using pictures and videos to promote the shop, I showed little things to highlight like using painter's tape and paper to cover fenders then using actual fender covers instead of bath towels when working on cars. I showed how to post pictures and detail the progression of a customers build on the forums, including here on Corvette Florida.

My mistake. My fault. No excuses, no matter how justified I felt I was or how angry I was in not receiving the things I was promised or how pissed I was at JP for undermining my deal I should have returned the fifty bucks to RevX for the deal on the tunnel plate. I have a check ready.

Next mistake.
I had purchased a short block to go in my car. I was short on funds and needed a lift to remove the old engine and put the new one in. I asked Tracy if I could borrow the one from the shop for a few days. He kind of stalled a bit, (A clue you think??) but said I could take it till I was done.

Now mind you my thinking at the time was that I had wasted a lot of time and money (lots of Gas money) at the shop so I wanted to get something for my efforts. At least save me 100 bucks on a lift rental. So I get the lift home on a Friday and Saturday morning Tracy calls and says he wants it back. I'm like are you kidding me???????? I was pissed. So I stalled a bit on purpose. When I feel taken advantage of and get pissed off I don’t think clearly. My bad, I was wrong. I should have returned the lift immediately even though I only had it for 8 hours overnight and didn’t even get to use it. Friday at 5 Pm till Saturday morning at 8 AM when I was told I could have it for as long as I needed. I thought this was done to me on purpose. Just to "F" with me. But I take responsibility for not returning it immediately. My bad I apologize. My fault.
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote