View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2006, 02:08 PM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default I've read up on the various detectors

prior to buying and learned that they have a harder time detecting a Vette, for the exct reasons you've mentioned.
The bigger the vehicle, the more flat surfaces, the easier the detection. Also, the darker the vehicle, the harder it is to detect.
From what I've read, the operator aims for the best reflective surface Ie. license plates, bumpers, head lights etc, from the front as well as the rear. This is why I chuckle everytime I see people adding shiney metal products to their vehicles (it makes them a beter target).
Also, from what I've read, it's nearly if not totally impossible to detect the speed of your vehicle from the sides.
*Again, this is what i've read, when doing my research prior to buying a detector.

Regarding the portable detectors you've mentioned, i've noticed that it does wait till i'm pretty close to post my speed, whether i'm in the Vette, Mustang or the Armada. The cool thing is, my Val 1 picks'em up LONG before hand!
Why is that cool? Well, because the cops around here usually have a speed trap waiting for you. You'll be toodling along, see the portable detector, figure it's safe once you've past it, speed up and BINGO you're busted!
long winded I know, Sorry!
~RAy