View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

My better-half is working that day, but I will be there to lend my help and moral-assistance:
we may have an (optional ) 'BEST-PACKAGE' competition amongst our group, throwing a dollar into-the-pot for every run we want to record, which I will run from the Staging Lanes....

A 'package' is what bracket-racers call a combination of their Reaction Time, plus the amount of time they run over (or slower ) than their pre-run determined 'dial-in' :
if you think the car will run a 12.02, you may want to dial-in at 12.00, and cut the best-possible light without red-lighting.

I will stand at the front of the Lanes with an envelope to collect the entry-fees, and a clip-board to write-down car-number and dial-in before the car leaves the lanes:
each driver can show me their time-slip info after that run, where we can verify & record RT and ET, then have each racer 'sign-off' on the information for his run, and at the end of the day, the 'BEST-PACKAGE' wins the pot.

Participation in this 'contest' is not-mandatory, and gives us a way to have a 'friendly-competition' between drivers of cars with vastly-different performance capabilities:
'PACKAGES' are the back-bone of handicap-start/bracket-racing, and I'm sure guys who will use this day as a 'practice-session' for SUPER CHEVY SUNDAY @ Bradenton in February.