View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #276
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
i understand but you dont think our voice would be louder as a group?
Sorry, but no. Someone would have to be the spokesperson for the group and that spokesperson is all they would focus on as being the source of the actual complaint. It needs to be a VOLUME of INDIVIDUAL complaints to show the SHEER BULK of damaged parties involved. With a group it will wind up as the leader doing all the work with everyone else just being "atta boy, you go get 'em!" cheerleaders in the background.

Of course, if your opinion is that I am incorrect in this assessment, then by all means take the bull by the horns and BE that spokesperson. It didn't seem to work well for me when I tried it. The majority of the people involved just seemed disinclined to pursue this matter once the CCSO brushed them off.

Oh, while I am thinking about it, it may be worth your while to reduce the claim of $8,000 in damages to $5,000 and simply go for a civil action in small claims court. No attorney is likely to take this sort of case on a contingency basis, so the money you would save on attorney's fees will be much more than the $3,000 difference in your claim.