View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #989
miami993c297

Name :
miami993c297 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet View Post
TO CLARIFY: This is in no way a complaint or a reflection of the quality of work at the shop where my car is at. This is all NORMAL and TO BE EXPECTED on a build of this size and complexity. And if you think otherwise, you're living in a dream world, imo.
It is a different approach versus what I have lived during decades in Europe.

I had Ford's, BMW's, Subaru and Porsche prepared by renowned engine builders, in UK, Germany or Italy, some on pretty high transformation steps...
I never had to wait more than a month to have any of my cars back, everything always went on the plan, from appointment to power delivery.

My first engine strong upgrade on my Zo6 build in the north of Miami (with some Texas components) brought me my first nightmare...almost a year to have back a malfunctionning car full of electrical bugs...and an engine that lost internal bolts after 450 miles...

Since then, I choose the men in working on my car with more attention.

From an engineering aspect, "building" a powerful engine based on those GM LS V8 is nothing else than assembling parts with a minimum of machining involved...far away from assembling a Lambo or Ferrari...
As for "tuning", nothing about "writing" a software nor any complicated equations or algorithms here, just plug a basic hardware and play with mainly air/fuel/timing and torque management, as long as you use the OEM PCM!

That's just IMHO.
Christian

418Ci TEC Assembled/ ETP-FTI Prep/ FTI "Barbara Streisand" Cam 664 HP Pump Gas.
Accepting imperfection signify losing the race against yourself…
miami993c297 is offline   Reply With Quote