View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #1508
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
I'd work with the wiring harness you have too. But if I was a sellsman, I want you to buy a new one too! Have you tried unplugging those vent ports? What the hell is in there. Looks like putty to me.
Yeah. Connie helped me put a test light on the wire I soldered in to that gray wire underneath the fuse box and it is cycling power properly now. Lights up when the ignition key is turned on, then goes off after 2 seconds. So I pulled the wire running to the fuse box at the top of the fuse box and the relay and put the new wire on the relay terminal. Interestingly enough, when I was looking to see which of the two fuses I need to put BACK into the fuse box itself (it was plugged into the O2 sensor fuse socket) the fuse diagram calls for a 15 amp fuse, but Aaron put in a 20 amp fuse instead. So I put the correct 15 amp fuse in there as it called for.

I think this will work now, as needed. There used to be a large resistor in that harness somewhere that I remember seeing, but Ben says that was used to allow a switch (which is also no longer there) to be able to select a low and fast speed setting for the scavenge pump. He says all the newer kits have eliminated that resistor and run only at the fast speed.

I still need to check on the alarm buzzer that is supposed to be connected to the pressure switch. This is supposed to trigger that alarm if the switch detects 3 lbs or more of pressure. I know it didn't work when I had a scavenge pump failure a while back, so I'm not sure if it was ever hooked up correctly.

Still trying to figure out the wastegate situation with STS's help. Ben says that having those vent ports plugged will cause the turbos to go into an overboost condition and is NOT a good idea. So I'm curious about how Aaron got the 10 lb springs he said he put into the wastegates to actually give the correct boost readings. Does anyone know how I would check those wastegate springs and whether they are marked in any way to tell me their ratings?

Oh yeah, when I was trying to hook up the battery via jumper cables to test with the test light, I had to find a way to tighten up the battery bolts that connect the battery cable to those side mounts on the battery. I figured I would just use those gold plated mounts that came with my Racetronix harness for the fuel pump so I could more easily find a correctly threaded nut. Wrong! The thread on those gold battery terminal fittings do not match the threads in the battery itself. WTF? So I guess they won't fit in those top post adapters I ordered neither. So I have to wonder WHERE exactly they are supposed to screw into?

Yeah, just popped yet another Excedrin...... I know this is all just small stuff, but sheesh, give me a FRIGGIN BREAK.....

Last edited by Rich Z; 04-23-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Word should have been "on" instead of "off"
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote