View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #10
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
How many miles do you have on the clutch and flywheel?
The reason I ask is when I replaced my clutch and flywheel to a GM LS7,My clutch would hiss and sometimes kinda groan or chatter on engagement for the first 1000-1200 miles,except in neutral.
The clutch was replaced back on August 02, 2012. Looking at the end of year figures for 2015 (that I can lay my hands on right at the moment), I've got at least 4700 miles on that clutch. I remember that I treated the clutch gingerly for the first 500 miles to break it in. That's not to say that the clutch can't be bad. Certainly would be par for the course with me.

The clutch is a Centerforce clutch, but I don't remember the model number off hand.

The date of that video of the squealing noise is in October of 2012, if I remember correctly, and the noise has been happening at least that long intermittently. Seemed to be getting worse a few months ago, so I hadn't been driving the car for around 6 months or so. I was actually surprised when I pulled it out of the garage bay to put it into the lift bay that it made no noise whatsoever.

FYI, I never really was hard on that clutch. Never done any burnouts, and power shifts, so the clutch has been pretty much just babied all this time. "Granny shifting" is probably a pretty accurate term to use.

Anything that I should look for or try to test to try to narrow down the possibilities?

Thanks for your help.