• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Forecasters predict a near- or above-normal 2018 Atlantic hurricane season

Closing on a condo in FT Myers next week .This will be the closest I've ever been to high tide .Wondering what my insurance premium might be .

I would have thought that sort of information would have been provided in the pre-sale disclosures.

Insurance companies are making up for lost revenues from past storms .There are still 8% of Katrina claims unsettled .State Farm and Allstate are not interested ,AAA and Liberty Mutual are at a reasonable rate .

When Charlie went through southwest Florida, there were a lot of homes years later that still had tarps on their roofs. And I heard many people were having to drag their insurance companies through the courts in order to get their damage claims paid.

We dropped out home owners insurance years ago. With the deductibles they (State Farm) were putting on hurricane related damage, it didn't make sense to just keep on handing them money and getting basically no substantial coverage at all.

Back