View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2020, 07:31 PM   #24
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
All the performance cars with automatic transmissions have "torque management" built into the computers to make the transmission and rear differentials live longer, at least that's what GM calls it. Even the diesel trucks do. Anything like my truck that makes over 400 horsepower and 800 ft/lbs of torque needs it. But rest assured, there are "tunes" created that defeat these if you feel you don't have enough power. Likely at the expense of a new transmission but that's been going on since the beginning of street racing hasn't it? Back in the 60's 350 horsepower was a lot wasn't it? Whoever thought back then that one day you could walk into a new car dealer and buy a car making 600, 700, even 800+ horsepower and have an air conditioner AND a warranty, right? Here I am thinking, do I want to go spend a hundred thousand bucks on a new CTS V making 640 hp or do I want to put a solid rear axle under mine with a powerglide and a turbocharged 427 making 1700 rear wheel horsepower like Jeff Hagaman did. Either way, I plan on enjoying them and driving the crap out of them. No garage queens here. (I have 205K on the CTS V now!)
My tuner would tune TM down. My C6 just feels so much better than my C7. I need a pedal controller and a ported TB for the C7. The lag is so bad it feels like a slug. My modded C6 A6 with tune and headers would rip and get.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote