View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2020, 08:10 PM   #26
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
My tuner would tune TM down. My C6 just feels so much better than my C7. I need a pedal controller and a ported TB for the C7. The lag is so bad it feels like a slug. My modded C6 A6 with tune and headers would rip and get.
In the tuning for the C5 there was a table for the amount of fuel to inject for the percentage of gas pedal motion. Sort of the digital equivalent to the accelerator pump on a carburetor back in the day. The changes I did made a pretty dramatic difference in the throttle response.

From what I could see, the stock tuning makes you have to put more foot into the pedal to get that extra fuel needed for decent pedal response. I felt the same sort of thing in my 2009 C6Z, but since it was under warranty most of the time I had it, I never played around with the tuning for it. My guess is that it is the same for the C7s and probably the C8s. I'm sure it relates to the gas mileage thing, since bigger spurts of fuel for smaller gas pedal movements would have to have an impact there.

From what I understand, a pedal controller just fools the tune into thinking that you are providing more pedal motion than you actually are, to try to negate the programmed-in throttle sluggishness of the stock tune. In other words, when you depress the throttle a quarter inch, the controller sends a signal saying the throttle was depressed a half inch. That sort of thing.