Thread: Wheel Alignment
View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough
Default Wheel Alignment

I guess this is why most people have such low regard for service work done at dealerships.
Back in February of this year, I took my 2001 Vette into Cox Chevrolet for a wheel alignment, not that there was anything wrong, but the tires were fairly new and at the cost of runflats, a wheel alignment is cheap. I can say that all went well with the tech that performed the service, he was polite and curtiose, and I would guess he knew his craft. For some reason he didnot get everything straight on that day, including my wheel alignment. Here in the past few days I purchased a set of Zo6 style wheels for my car and it was brought to my attention that my front tires were cupping on the inside.
I called and made an appointment to return the car to have the alignment checked again. This time while speaking with the Tech he informed me that everything was within specs.
So then why the bad wear on the tires? He doesn't know! He told me that Corvettes are "hit and miss" as for alignments. Now I could believe this on an older vette, but a 2001 with 20k miles....I think not! After a few minutes of this guy showing me a printout and this same jargon from this service tech, I told him that I thought that he needed more training, asked for a copy of the service ticket and decided that Cox Chevrolet was not one of my favorites when it came to service. I almost left the best part out....They suggested that I pay for the alignment !!!
I suggested that they pay for a new set of front tires. They quickly sent me on my way at no charge.
If anyone has a better place than Cox Chevrolet, let me know.

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote