Thread: Rain today
View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #797
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

So much has changed down there on the waterfront over the years Rich, many people I know/knew have left the seafood industry. It's certainly not what it used to be. I'm sure Debbie at My Way knows somebody that's still crabbing. We used to get our own on weekends when the moon wasn't out, gigging them along with Flounder while walking the river banks at Mashes Sands using a lantern and a galvanized wash tub. That was a lot of fun during my teenage years, great memories.

We will be home by next Friday. We stayed out for two months this time because we're saving up our off time for our daughter's wedding next March. We get 8 days off for every 4 weeks we stay out. Some of these guys stay out for a year or more, taking off 3 or 4 months when they come in. That's too long for me. Two months is pushing it. And having the new house with so much we want/need to do to it is killing me, but the money is SOOO good, we aren't complaining.