Thread: Rain today
View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #798
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I'll bet you are excited about making yourself at home in your new house. I am sure you have a lot to do there to make it really your home.

Connie used to work part time down at MyWay and we know Debbie pretty well. When I first moved down here, that was the first and then only place I would buy seafood. When Connie moved down, she stopped down there to get seafood about every week and struck up a friendship with Debbie. She started helping out one day a week when Debbie was talking about needing some more help there.

We actually got live crabs from MyWay a few weeks ago, via Ike, and although they looked like they were going to be excellent, they just weren't all that great. Quite disappointing. Debbie actually called Connie a few days after we got them and apologized as they prepared some of the crabs for Sam's birthday party and she was disappointed with them too. Several years ago Debbie got some crabs for us and Connie wound up bringing 6 dozen home. They turned out to be the best crabs EVER. Not a single one of them was a throw away and nearly all of them were nice and full and loaded with yellow mustard.

I always got very good live crabs from Stacy and am quite disappointed that she is now apparently blowing me off for some reason. I used to always pay her more than she was asking for the crabs, as I appreciated her getting them for me. Heck, to be honest, we haven't had real good luck with tipping people around here. Seems that the people you tip don't understand the concept and act like it is a sign of weakness and stupidity of you for paying more than you have to. And that turns out to be how they treat you. So maybe I just need to break myself of that practice.

Honestly, I think most of the crabbers down here send their catch up north where steamed blue crabs are sold at a premium. It seems to be only the rejects that stay down here for the locals. At least that is the way it appears to me. I really hate to have to order "Maryland steamed crabs" and just have the sneaking suspicion that I am buying crabs that were caught here locally and just shipped up north to be processed. I know when I lived in Maryland a lot of the crab houses were getting their crabs from Louisiana and the Carolinas. Never heard anyone mention them coming out of Florida, but it seems a good bet that some were. So you know that probably hasn't changed any, but yet if you ask those places shipping steamed blue crabs all over the country, EVERY last one of them will swear their crabs are coming out of the Chesapeake Bay.

Heck, this got me all depressed now......... You would think getting good crabs any time I wanted them around here, being right on the Gulf of Mexico, would be a no brainer.