Thread: Connie
View Single Post
Unread 11-07-2023, 07:38 PM   #41
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

A good friend of mine posted this on Facebook tonight. It seemed fitting to share it with you at this time.

One of the hardest news to accept😪😪 is when the doctor says there’s nothing left to do, there are only two options: keep her sleeping until her body collapses or give her morphine to ease her pains." Our world fell apart and we didn't know how to break the news, we just knew we had to tell it.
We walked into her room and she smiled at us (our eyes were red and swollen from crying) and she said don't cry, I understand it's the end but there's no reason to be sad. She took our hands and cuddled us and we immediately hugged her. "Don't worry, it's part of life and you have to understand that we are all just passing through" (all while we cried like children unable to comfort ourselves). After she caught her breathing, we told her the options and she chose to stay awake so she could spend a few more days with us. Some days she woke up without pain, ate and some days she was very happy, laughing and we had great days (after many bad months)...
Definitely in the hardest times you know who your true friends are or the people who really values you. Unfortunately, most friendships abandon you and only send you "good vibes" but from a distance.

My friend lost his wife 20 years ago and raised his two children with the help of his mom and dad and family and friends. You never get over it. You just keep getting up every day and keep going. I'm on the road a lot but if there's something I can do, let me know.