View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2024, 07:21 PM   #39
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Did you buy that in a package deal? I see them offered with a bush hog, loader and box blade. Some even with a trailer. I didn't really want to buy new but with the interest rates being around 7-8%, getting a new one at 0% interest may be the better option.

Renovating the house was moving slowly as we ran into some unscrupulous tradesmen that we had to weed out. they were either gouging on prices or just flat out lying to us. I had the upstairs A/C unit replaced at a premium price, they did a good job, but they charged as much for that one unit as both downstairs units cost. But then later they told us we needed surge protection and I asked what that would cost and was quoted about $1100-$1200. I put it off at the time as we were driving over the road back then and were only home every 6-8 weeks. So they came to do the quarterly maintenance check and hit me with the surge protection again but this time said it was $4200! Tried to say that we needed one for each unit but I had asked the first guy point blank if all units needed it and he told me no, that only one was needed. So I invited them to leave.

Then another guy installed the new hot water heater I had bought, charged me $475, and had to come back out because one of the lines leaked. It only took him an hour and a half to remove the old one and install the new one. And I have a dumpster so he didn't have to haul the old one off.

I had an electrician come out to install a new line and he didn't bring enough wire with him. I paid him $800 and never saw him again.

Since then one of the EX-employees of that company approached me and has been very helpful in getting things moving and his prices are more in line with what we were expecting. So now I'm try to juggle stuff that needs doing inside the house along with what needs to be done on the outside.

With a tractor and equipment I can get much of it done myself. Of course once it's done I likely won't really NEED a tractor anymore but, what do you do, right?!

And I may take you up on coming down there, thanks!