View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Actually I really don't see the need to do that. Anyone calling me on the phone has to understand English or they just wasted a phone call.

But I will tell you this, I'm getting REAL tired of getting instruction manuals that are 300 pages thick and only 10 pages of it is in English. The worst ones are where the English pages are interspersed with 30 other pages of other language interpretations. Yeah, I know it probably makes it easier on the manufacturer to do it that way, but for crying out loud, make it easier on US, your customers instead! At least have the various languages in tear-out sections so we can discard all that stuff that doesn't apply to us.

I can't WAIT for the day when the local newspapers become multi-lingual as well. And we have to foot the bill for all the extra paper and print needed.....

Actually, I'm thinking that when I make a phone call and I get the menu to select for the language, I may just select a non-english language just so I can try to get the person on the other line to have to speak in English... Turnabout is fair play, I guess.....