View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #24
Hot Pursuit

Name :
Hot Pursuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 C6
To: "C5Statetrooper" and to "Hot Pursuit":
OK...tell me, where are we supposed to go to enjoy our cars? I would love to able to "let it happen" without fear of a ticket and all that goes with it...fines, points, increased insurance, etc. I've got 400 hp and have to drive it like an old man because I don't know where we can go to drive flat out. Sure there's the Silver State Classic in Nev. Have you seen the costs? As a newbie, it's close to $1,500 PLUS all the costs to get to Nevada and back. (www.silverstateclassic.com)
I'm open for where to go to "enjoy" my Corvette to max. I'm in Tampa area.
Let's hear from everyone
06 C6
The only thing I can say is that you chance getting ticketed when you race on the highways. If you find a slightly more isolated place that has little or no traffic, and let loose then there's less chance a police officer will see you. The ratio of police to citizens/cars on the road is a drop in the bucket. If you use it sparingly and not recklessly then you open it up occasionally you will hedge the bets that you won't get caught. The only truly safe place (ticket free) would be an organized racing location like Sebring or a local drag strip.

I personally find the thrill of the chase more fun than delivering the penalty for the speed/racing I observed. I have on several occasions caught both racers and had them both stop. I have more often than not given them a much needed lecture, but eventually let them go with a silly equipment cite or no cite at all. If I get a runner, or someone who turns off to avoid capture when they see me coming, I go after them. The guy who maintained his course and slowed down gets a free pass. The runner gets everything.
Hot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote