View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #21
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Did you change your shocks? Or are your shocks still factory?

I lowered my Z06 and it seems to be bottomed out on the shocks from what I can tell. There is no apparent bounce any more to the spring in the front when I push on the fender.
No I did'nt change the shocks,At first I had a BAD bounce,I figure out the the new longer bolt was going through the bushings.The bolts I had bought did not come with washers,So i went to the hardware store and 2 $ later the problem was fixed.The bounce almost went away,It got better but not quite gone,So I had to raise it a 1/4 inch higher and Presto,Bounce gone.The bounce only came from the back.I removed the front bolts and bushings.Never did have a problem with the bounce from the front end,drives straight as a arrow.Never did get a alighnment,even at highway speed I can let go of the wheel and she is fine.I suppose if you lower the back end to far down, the shocks will bottom out.I only have a bounce problem in the back end now when we load the car up with alot of rear weight.But I try not sit back there that often. I will some day get better shocks,but for now there is no good reason to.I only have 20k miles on her.[2002]Hope that helped.My wife made me raise her up a inch last weekend.But when we bring her to shows,she going back down.It only takes me 3 mins.to do now.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote