View Single Post
Unread 08-31-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster
I had the opposite experience @ Dimmitt ("Dimwit"). I tried to buy my '07 from them and all they would offer was a $1000 off MSRP which they called a "Corvette Club discount". Have talked w/several ofthers who have had similar experience. Historically, they have not been competitive. Ended up getting a GMID # which they would NOT accept. I ordered the vette when the GMID was accepted at another area dealer...took about 5-6 weeks to get the car. I got the car about the time Dimwit had their show (Sept) and I noticed they still had the car on the lot I had been previously trying to buy...smart business eh??

Also have not had good experience w/ their service dept. Unless they have new mgmt or have changed their business philosophy, GO ELSEWHERE.
As I stated in my first sentence....not everyone can get the best deal everytime at one dealer otherwise there would only be one dealer. I've been associated with our club and Dimmitt since '93 and even some of our members have had their share of problems with them. BUT, they still sell more Corvettes than any other dealer so there must be a reason. And the majority of us get their cars from them and use their service whenever possible. So far this year 6 Corvettes have been sold to members. I still believe all in all they are better than the "others".
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote