View Single Post
Unread 04-25-2006, 01:37 PM   #15
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You know, you have to wonder about the "global warming" hype. There seems to be two warring camps about this issue. One side saying the sky is falling, and the other side saying it is just a temporary blip in global weather. Is one of those sides, or neither one correct?

There are DEFINITELY signs of change that are visible if you look. When the wife and I first moved to the Tallahassee area back in '91, we would have a few nights every winter where it got down into the high teens. In the last few years, the temps have not gotten below 25 degrees.

I don't know how political the National Geographic magazine may be, but there have been recent stories in that mag that definitely point to a dramatic warming of the earth.

The issues may be profound. A fundamental change taking place that we have no concept of what the final results may be. Who is to say what the absolute upper limit of the size and power of a hurricane can be? Why can't tornados become several miles across and take place in areas that never really had them historically?

Insurance companies are really the ones to watch. They pay people a LOT of money to try to determine their financial risk, so they will probably be on the front line of figuring out what is really going on. They were the ones that clued a bunch of people in on the risk of nuclear reactors. They just flat out refused to insure the things because of the overwhelming risk. With the insurance companies basically pulling out of Florida, I think maybe they know something about the likely future. And it ain't good news.........
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote