View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well I spoke to my vette tech today and he says no, he was never anywhere near the steering column. So I really don't know what happened. I don't know for a fact that the CLB was in there, as I just assumed that since the steering column did not lock and I got the SERVICE COLUMN LOCK message every time I started up the engine that it was put in there before I bought the car. I thought that this was the standard symptoms you get with the CLB installed. If I knew where the thing is located and it isn't too much trouble to check, I guess I could look. Of course, I have no idea of what symptoms you would get if a CLB were to fail, but I wouldn't think it would be that the car would just revert back to the way it was before it was put in there.

Would the first recall reflash create the symptoms described above?

Anyway, I noticed that as long as I don't try to turn the steering wheel after I turn off the ignition, the column lock does not engage anyway, so I'm not sure this is even going to be an issue. Not unless I am overlooking some potential problem that is not immediately obvious to me.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote