View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:52 AM   #23
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88vert View Post
I am for an orderly legal immigration policy. Like when our forefathers came through Ellis Island. This breaking into our country because you want a better life is not cutting it.If that argument held water I could go to the bank and rob it because I want to be a millionaire!! Most people want for something but they don't just take it! I have called ice and will do so again. I have also written to all my elected officials right down to the local level. I sir am not one who sits arond complaing and doing nothing!
Good, you shouldn't sit around and do anything.....but most people do nothing. But again, I'm going to correct you, our "forefathers" who came through Ellis Island did so in an orderly fashion because WE, the United States as a nation, allowed it. They can do this again but again I feel they either don't give a crap or don't want to spend the $$$ or even maybe because they lose $$$ to do so. However, through our "forefathers" eyes, they were getting in here whether WE, liked it or not. Again, no difference between border crossing. The difference was WE WERE ORGANIZED!

The majority of illegals only want a better life and I fail to see why you or anyone finds this so difficult to believe? This is 90% true. I never condoned how they are finding it, I'm merely stating a fact. That's what most want. It's what all of us want. It's what our "forefathers" wanted. Again, I do not condone nor do I support illegals in anyway, but I understand their position. I also am not blinded by being a "homer" and realize that this occurs only because we continue to allow and by we, I'm not saying us as citizens but our elected officials, government, big business, etc. Again, we lower our standards to accomodate them. No other country does this. If you get off a plane in Poland right now, you better damn sure be able to speak Polish or you will be screwed. The same goes fo Russia, Korea, etc., just to give a couple more.

However, to be devil's advocate, I can totally from a business standpoint understand why to allow it to continue when it's cheaper and easier to hire illegals more then willing to do the job for less money then it is getting the however many millions (I'm guessing here maybe around 50 million) lazy-a$s motherf#(kers on welfare that are a much, much bigger drain and burden on our tax dollars. In fact, I'd be willing to make a compromise to trade all the leeches on welfare (that are on it unjustified) with illegals....swap identities. Require they learn English and are tested as such, and dump the dredges of welfare south of the border and see how Mexico likes it for a change!!!!!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote