View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #12
Hot Pursuit

Name :
Hot Pursuit is on a distinguished road

Quick rant Shadow buddy..... Not an attack - just my opinion sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I agree...but...just last friday, I'm in my truck (Big BOFO LANDCRUISER with a steel brush bar. 5k+ of lifted bust your asss truck ! Get the picture?) This A**hole chick in a passenger car simply hangs a left from the lane next to me about midship of her passenger door.

If I had not been paying attention, I'd have hit her broadside and pushed her yuoung ass to Bruce B. Downs (30th street)...we were just east of 22nd st).

Now, here's the rub...Deputy Sheriff right behind me...see's the entire mess and does nada, zip, zilch, sheet for nothing!!!
Oh come on Shadow. You know as well as I do that if the Deputy stopped EVERY violation he saw his commute would last HOURS just to get home after his regular shift - not to mention that he would never get to any calls during the shift. I'd be willing to bet you had a pair of blinders that you put on when you were tired or going x7 for the night.... we all do. It's called discretion. Several million people live in the Tampa Bay area and most of them drive cars with only one occupant... The math isn't very hard.

YOU also know that he could have been on his way to a call. We have all had those zone partners who seem to get an important traffic stop at the most opportune times... like when a call gets sent to them. The call may or may not have been a priority response call, but I save the breaking from calls to make a traffic stop for a special day. I have my pet peeves like I'm sure all cops do. Maybe the violation that occurred was not in the Deputies list of peeves. To me violation of a right of way is right there near the top, but again it may not have been to him. Also, maybe he has been chewed on for making x50 stops on the way to a call and leaving partners hanging.. or better yet he doesn't want to be viewed as a slug to his partners so he doesn't make infraction stops and saves them for good criminal cites and DWLSR type stops.

Another point to consider is that you also probably were working during the use of Mobile Data Terminals in the car. He very well could have been looking at it for that moment and been reading a call or tag info or any other message. I know alot of police accidents at my department can be directly attributed to that stupid computer in the car. When he was done he looked back up and the event was over, or close enough that the violation was missed. I personally won't write a ticket to anyone if I am not 100% sure I saw the violation occur.

Cut him some slack.... You weren't the only car on that roadway... and you have been on the other side of that same type of cynical type of statement you made here... I wasn't so long ago that you have already forgotten.

///

Just my .02
Hot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote