View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #19
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Maybe we should be able to buy tickets in advance in book form. Kind of like you do for some toll booths to make it easier and cheaper for commuters. The police force might be missing a good (revenue) thing with this.

Perhaps get the insurance companies to drop those point thingies, so it is strictly a revenue issue between drivers and law enforcement. Let me buy a book of speeding tickets for, say $1,000. When I get pulled over, I just hand one to the police officer, and am on my way. When I run out, I buy another book. EVERYONE is happy then. The cops get their quotas and WE know how much speeding is going to cost us and decide if we are willing to pay the price... Budgets get fattened up by those who are willing to pay for the speeding infractions ahead of time.

It could even be progressive..... Each book has 10 tickets. 10 over speed limit costs 1 ticket, 20 over costs 2, 30 over costs 4, 40 over costs 8, etc., etc......

Maybe even certain roads could have a toll booth where you deposit tickets in advance for how fast you want to go on it......

Heck, I'm just kidding, of course, but the more I think about it, the more I am liking this idea...........

Heck, why not?