View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

I just returned to Sarasota after ten years of being away. Good to be home with my immediate family. Anyway, I lived in Cherokee, NC when I bought the Z. It's very hard to find any straight roads in Western NC. When I left the house there, I immediately started twisting and turning down the mountain. I would always get "Active handling warming up" on the DIC. I made several queries about this explaining my situation. The answer is, when you first start out on the road cold, the active handling calibrates itself. If the rear wheels are turning at different speeds, you will get the message on the DIC. Rich, if you had a tire going down, then active handling would detect the rear wheels turning at different rates and so you would get the message. I'm still not sure the purpose of the message and why it's programmed to display that way, doesn't last a minute, then you get the next message telling you "everything is cool".
Hope that explains at least half the puzzle. Anytime you start cold and go into twisties or have rear tires turning at different rates, you're going to get that message..........Tom