Thread: Classifieds
View Single Post
Unread 01-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Personally I think this site really has no business turning away any new members by requiring them to make a bunch of "me too!" posts before posting in the classifieds. Quite frankly, if they get responses to the classified post, they may even find it worthwhile sticking around. But if we go all hostile on him demanding they walk the line before being able to post, quite likely they will just figure this site is too small to worry about, and be gone COMPLETELY. Is that what we want to have happen?

I would rather take the chance that out of 10 people posting classified ads, that maybe one will take a look and stick around, then to not give them even a single reason to make ANY initial post and perhaps wind up not coming back at all.

Seriously being openly hostile to someone in this manner is just not going to be very conducive to a stranger coming here who might turn into a friend.

And from my point of view, if someone posts something I am interested in, I'm just glad it was posted here where I could see it.... Regardless of whether they have been here one hour, or was member #2 signing up right after me.