Thread: My recent mods.
View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #7
dark_phantom

Name :
dark_phantom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes
Not round? Did you know before you had them mounted?? How do you tell? Do they go "thump" when you drive? Were they all out of round? I don't think I've heard that before. I can see why you wouldn't want to take them on a trip that far!
No, I did not know they were not round when they were mounted. After getting home I called the tire shop complaining that my car was vibrating at any speed and they said it was expected since I had the same tires and different wheels. Well after a few hundred miles, I could still feel a lot of vibration. So I took it back and they said they were all not round, then I put back the original ones and sent the new wheels to iForged. I could see they were not even when they had them on the road force machine. Well got them before my trip and Vince at iForged said the two front were not to spec. But, I haven't change them out. Hopefully next week I'll schedule an appointment with the same tire shop.

If I would've known iForged had such a bad reputation I would've gone another route. It sure will be my first and last iForged wheels.

Z06 widebody, brakes and sway bars; HRE 543R black with polish lip; bilstein shocks; magnaflow's 15884 exhaust system; 44 LED 3rd brake light; GS stripes; tinted windows and more.
Custom cobalt red & black two tone leather interior by DownSouthVettes and some of Pipedreams' items.
dark_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote