Thread: Speed trap rant
View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #42
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerrun View Post
I guess much of leo interest stems from the premise that vettes either have or will be speeders, so for a few MPH when leo has the opportunity he issues a nasty based on the principle of missed opportunity. When I'm in the towns there is so much detector noise I am especially careful to be at the limit.

Wrong.

There are thousands of cars passing him every few minutes on a highway like that. Police don't care who's speeding. The "premise that vettes either have or will be speeders" is ridiculous. I think that could be said on ANY automotive board. Mustanks would say it, zippy little Italian cars or German cars could say it, the ricers say it... PLEEEAASSEEE. Police don't care that you went by at the speed limit, and don't care to hold a grudge "Boy that guy pissed me off because I am dying to write a Vette owner a ticket. If I get a VETTE at 3mph over he's getting it".

If you go by and are doing the speed limit the police officer doesnt care. He will wait a few more minutes and nab the giant SUV with the driver gabbing on the cell phone for all he cares. They do not falsify tickets, and the make of the car (or color for that matter no matter what people and rumors say) matter to the radar or laser unit. Just stick close to the speed limit and you will be ok.

It is true that the Mayors, County Commissions, and State governing bodies want more tickets due to decreased tax revenue and this false "budget shortfall" that they want to trick us into believing, but the officers swore an oath, and BELIEVE in that oath to act in a lawful manner.

YOU ARE NOT A TARGET JUST BECAUSE YOU HAPPEN TO OWN OR DRIVE A CORVETTE.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote