Thread: Speed trap rant
View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #46
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. LEOs are all people and there are a lot of different personalities out there. I do know for a fact that my C5Z catches a lot of looks from the leos when they are in oncoming traffic. So they ARE paying attention to our cars. I don't get near the looks in the Silverado or the Astro van......
But most LEO's (not all, just most) are men, so a sports car is appealing to them. I look at sports cars be it Corvettes, Mustanks, European imports etc.... How many people have you heard say,,, "oh oh, I cant wait to buy an Astro van"........

In my 10 years I have NEVER heard another LEO say that they like to ticket any type of car (make/model). I have heard, and have my own pet peeves that I like to enforce. My favorite is stereo volume noise pollution, along with people that pull out in front of you to violate your right of way. I HATE the bass thump that you can hear from blocks away, and the danger of the crash the right of way violators can cause. My old squad partner was an eagle eye for expired tags,,, got several a day it seemed. Still others may feel a need to write speed cites, but it has never been any specific make/model/color of a car that was "targeted". If the officer is in the mood to write a pet peeve citation it will happen no matter what the violator is driving if that person violated the law that the officer is looking for.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote