View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

I say let them fail. Handing them money to line the CEOs pockets once more for them to finally say oh sorry we cant do it, or look some foreign company is gonna buy us.

They need to fail(Do you see the government bailing out small business owners who were affected by the economy who did more help for the community?), and their method of reconstruction should be by starting the company like they did when it started. Make quality cars for good prices. I seriously dont see why people who work in car plants are making 50-80 $ and hour. Ill use a good recent example. Me and my uncle went to Bowling Green to pickup his 09 couple months ago. That city is dirt poor an nothing to do, someone making 20$ an hour could live like a millionaire. We go into the factory see the process of corvettes being made. Talk about a sit down lazy crowd. I saw more people sitting and bs'in then I did cars being made. You hear the break bell go off to get back to work and you would see the guy who installs the window gaskets do 3-4 cars in a row then he would go sit and start reading a newspaper.

Do you think people back in the 60s were making 50-80s dollars an hour with a 80% automated/robotic assembly line? Ive had a guy say he bought a 60s model back in the day for so much and sold it for 3500 thinking he got the buyer good.

Yes for a while unemployment will suffer but if the government wants to help keep america alive it needs to be done. Keep all the names of the workers who are willing to work for a more reasonable amount of pay while keeping benefits. New owners/ceos need to come into play possibly the government. Then restart the company from the ground up as mentioned above making quality cars for good price.