View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2008, 11:46 PM   #18
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdave View Post
Well, if your son parked in a fire lane the car should have been towed. We're not talking about parking in a 'no parking' area. We're talking about something relevant to life safety. It may suck that you had to go pick up your son at 4:00 in the morning, but HE is the one responsible for that--not the tow company.

BTW I totally agree that there are some towing companies that have questionable ethics, but from your description of the incident it is your son's responsibility.

That's why the "facts" are relevent

What you and I both lack at this point, are "facts."

We have laws and ordinances for a reason. It levels the playing field and keeps everyone honest.

If or when he breaks a law, be it speeding or anything else, he pays the price. Just ask him It's not "dad to the rescue."

He'll always be my son and I'll always stand by him and help him as I can. That said, I won't incorage bad behavior nor will I condone illegal behavior

However, when theres horsesh!t afoot, then dad does what he does best and somebody has hell to pay

I've always believed in doing the job, doing it correctly and doing it honestly.

From what I'm seeing here, it was neither

Picking him up at 4 am is not a big deal to me as I was already up at 2 anyway.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out. If he's wrong, we suck it up and deal with it

BTW...if this "fire lane" does turn out to be proper, which it's likely not, then parking there considering the area, was no risk to anyones safety at midnight.

If done during the daylight and business hours, it's a whole different ball game.

It's still "illegal" but not "dangerous."

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote