Thread: Good, Bad and ?
View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Gotta reply to the RevX report.....Karen billed the regular price, not the discount I quoted on the phone (I think $75-$100 for trans flush, fill, and new filter & gasket....call a dealer for a quote to see what they charge.) since I forgot to tell her she did not know. We immediately offered to refund & only charge the discount price I had quoted as a favor as soon as you told her, but you would not....and now you complain? Hardly stand-up if it was offered to be corrected at the time for a very legitimate error......guess the best is to not offer discounts, all can pay full price if you were going to back-stab us after the fact. Pretty two-faced to be offered a correction and refuse it and then post a complaint....
After I got home and went over the bill, I contacted you about the charge and in your reply to me, no refund was offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
The original PCV valve has a ground strap attached to a bolt on the pass cyl head, we remove it as it is not needed since the catch can has one integrated into it.....no need to have two. And we snip the strap at the bolt. Hardly shoddy.

Question, Why in the world would you remove the oil seperating can? There is no unit as effective on the market, and unless some idiot convinced you to delete the PCV system and run open hoses down to suck up dirt,water, sand, dust, and who-knows-what directly into the motor why would you remove it?
I'm not a mechanic nor engineer so how things work I leave to others. As to why I wanted to remove the catch can and hook up the stock PCV system is my business, I just assumed it was still there and not cut off. Just where did you get that I was going to run an open system, this is why I was pissed that the OEM parts were gone. In doing research, I've found most people leave the original system in place.