View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well I still feel like I am missing something important.

So let me get this straight. A "registrant" pays money to register for a show. A "registrant" then has to show up at the show, park their car, and leave it there for the duration.

I guess the primary question in my mind is WHY?

Unless someone has a limited edition Corvette, or something that would be considered unusual or rare enough where it would be possible to win a prize, why would someone like I, with pretty much a plain vanilla 2002 EB Z06 (rock dings on hood and all) want to register and be nailed down all day? Yeah, I can appreciate getting around and talking with people and seeing all the other Corvettes, but after a few hours of that, I'm about wore out and ready to go somewhere else for a change. Heck, I go to gunshows with up to 500 tables or so, and after a couple of hours, I've had enough. When I do reptile shows, yeah I am stuck there behind the tables for two days, but I am selling stuff (hopefully) and have incentive to do so.

Honestly, I've look at a bunch of pictures of various shows, and I notice a lot of people bring their own chairs and try to find a shady spot. Not really admitting to being a work-a-holic, but not sure I could do that without going stir crazy.

So this all just sounds illogical to me and I am sure I am missing something that is obvious to a lot of other people. So in a nutshell, I guess my question boils down to "Why should I register rather than just parking nearby and walking in to view the show?"

The ONLY Corvette show I have ever been to was one here in Tallahassee at Champion Chevrolet last year right before I bought mine. Maybe two dozen vettes there, as I recall, with most of the people just milling about or sitting near their car. The wife and I walked around, spoke with a few of the people, test drove a 2004 (I think) that was at the dealer's, and then left. All total maybe 2 hours there.

Man, I really hope this doesn't ruffle anyone's feathers over this query, as it is not really meant in that light. I just don't want to register for a show, then find out I really didn't have those incurred obligations in mind when I did so. Obviously enough people do this that I just have to conclude I am not seeing the whole picture.......

Oh yeah, and what the heck do you do if it rains?