View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2006, 11:18 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, a lot or people seem to use nitrous, but to be honest, I never even seriously considered it myself. Why? Well I guess it stems mostly from the old days when it was not all that uncommon for someone to blow their engine up with the stuff. Sure things are better and safer now, but that doesn't make me feel any better about it.

Also, I thought the logistics of it all might be a headache. Where do you get bottles filled (especially around Tallahassee)? How long does a bottle last? Where do you store the spare bottles safely and legally? Your power only lasts as long as the bottle has gas in it, so it could be embarrassing if you forgot to fill it after last weekend and have just a puff left when you REALLY want it. How much does nitrous cost? Although the initial expense may be cheap, you now have a recurring bill directly related to how much your right foot tells you to use it. I don't know how much it costs, so maybe this is a negligible concern.

ALL of the other power adders are THERE when you want it and will not run out at embarrassing moments. And realistically, nitrous (in my opinion) is really only worthwhile if you intend to drag race (either on a track or from stoplight to stoplight). It's not really something you can just turn on and then drive all day like that. Or heck, maybe you can. Carry spares in the trunk and just swap them out when one goes dry...

Again, much of my opinion may be based mostly on ignorance, but it just didn't seem to be what I was looking for....... YMMV, of course..