View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #12
XtremeZ07

Name :
XtremeZ07 is on a distinguished road
Default Its me!!!

Well hello guys and gals yes its me...the looser that keeps getting it wrong when it comes to my Z06. I have indeed been screwed around by the performance industry so badly I dont think I will ever recover. I know that Z06 wont. I have however finally found one performance shop that even though it is 4 hours away from me I can promise you and them that they will be the only shop to touch my cars again!!! I am threw being screwed around! The guy I found is HONEST first and foremost and knows exactly what he is doing but we will talk about him on another thread! Let me tell you my story!!!
I took the 2007 Z06 to a get a supercharger. I looked around and did a good amount of research. I found a shop that had an excellent rep, a car club named after it, and multiple affiliations in the forums and corvette industry...or so I thought. Anyways in Nov 2009 I took my care in and they told me ( keep in mind at the time I knew nothing about cars...after all this I am a pro) you can not put a supercharger on a Z06 that the cylinder walls are too thin and that I can only do a head and cam and exhaust and stuff. So I said fine and away we went. I told them at that time I wanted forged Diamond pistons(because in the back of my mind I was gonna supercharge it later at a different shop) as well and they said fine. It would take 4 to 6 weeks. Time passed and passed and passed..finally in February they gave me the car and driving home I noticed the oil pressure was at 4psi so I called a friend and they said pull over and have AAA tow it back so that is what I did. They shop takes another month to tell me that I had debris in the oil that caused the problem and I need new pistons, oil pump and cooler again as those were all ruined. So I paid and paid. Finally in June the car is ready after much fighting and I took the car out to my friends in Bradenton and we found more debris in the oil and a noisy drive train.
After a complete break down we find the pistons damaged again due to not properly file fitting the rings and the shop bored out my cylinder walls to a 25000th. 3 times too big. The crank had heavy metal welding ( like the dropped and bent it) and the block was just plan ruined.
The shop claims it is my fault because I rushed them...what a joke they had my Z06 for 7 months!!!! Well thanks for listening! I must say I am soooo sorry for this and I wish I had the known about my friends at RevXtreme before because they are a true performance shop. They may be 4 hours away from me but I dont care if I need brakes. They are doing it.

I dont want to say the name of the BAD performance shop but lets just say because of them my Z06's 427 has seen its "Last Breath". hint hint
XtremeZ07 is offline   Reply With Quote