View Single Post
Unread 05-31-2006, 05:58 PM   #22
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile
Hey C5STATETROOPER, Welcome to the forum! Got to ask, are you a LEO? If so, double welcome to the forum. We need a LEO to bounce some questions off of here. There's been a big discussion here recently about radar detectors and we'd love to see your input in that thread. My contention is that officers don't care one way or the other whether we use radar detectors. Some seem to think an officer is much harder on a person if he has one. There are some other differences of opinion as well. I'd love to hear the story from a real LEO. Welcome!!............Tom
It's totally up to the individual officer and thier atitude toward those with radar/laser detecting equiptment.

Personally, I find it somewhat humorus when I stop someone with a detector for speed
I've actually had them tell me "you couldn't have gotten me, my detector never went off!"

My response is usually along the lines of...It's probably broken...be right back....

The exhaust question really boils down to which statute is used and again, as C5Statetrooper implied, the officers attitude. I've never written one for a well modified exhaust. If I did, I'd have to start with myself

However, the statute can, and on occasion is used as PC to stop a vehicle in order to further inspect for "safety violations."

Really depends on the officer.

Oh, BTW...Hey Larry and welcome aboard bro

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote