View Single Post
Unread 12-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
They can on private property. It's actually not enforcing laws, it's fulfilling a contract between the towing company and the property owner to remove unwanted vehicles from the premises. It also applies to contracts between towing companies and state entities. If you live in/near Tallahassee you may have experienced this if you go to the civic center and park illegally in a state parking lot at night. And, yes, these lots are posted. I personally think these companies are nothing more than vultures, but it is legal. Ethical?...no.
He's absolutely correct

The signage is specific pursuant to State Statute, in design, size, and essentially wording.

There's meet the statute and are clearly posted. I don't have an issue with that part.

I have since found out however, that the property owner and the rent-a-cop (Marshall Security) that oversees it for them, "allow and permit" a violation of thier own policy.

They allow overflow parking from the Bull on the weekends under some agreement between the 2.

So my issue is and has been, the "Fire Lane."

I have more research to do on the design and markings required by statute and/or ordinance, but right now, I have to finish my Christmas shopping! I have time to play with this over the holidays, but I see a real s**tstorm on the horizon for these idiots!!

Lets see. "If" I'm correct, and "If" the location is improperly marked. and "if" the guard is selectively enforcing parking restrictions...

Approximately 12-14 cars per night, 2 nightsd a week for the last 2-4 months @ $112.00 each (minimum).....this is gonna be an expensive lesson for somebody......

But I have to be right! Otherwis, you suck it up and deal with it, get the word out to the patrons of the bull...watch where you park!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote