Thread: WTB: 67 BB Hood
View Single Post
Unread 11-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

If your looking for an original hood you might want to search in Hemmings. Go to www.hemmings.com There is a 66 original BB hood for sale from California, see this link,

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...te/337213.html

also from Hemmings there are a couple of vendors listed, try these,

J&D Corvette, they clain to have two warehouses full of used parts, and they claim to be a fiberglass manufacturer, 1-800-838-8353.

Another is Stoudt Auto sales, they have been in business for 35 years, you can get them at 1-800-523-8485 or www.stoudtautosales.com

Another place you can call is Corvette Parts Headquarters, they claim to have new,used and reconditioned, 1-631-243-3333.

And lastly, I don't know how much you want to spend or if you are looking for premium quality, if you own a Mid-Year you probably already know of this place, but as far as I am concerned they are the best supplier for Mid-Year parts bar none. They have everything and it's all quality stuff. I have used them many many times and have never felt cheated or shortchanged. They ain't cheap, but if you own a Mid-year you are already used to paying. They are Long Island Corvette. They show a 67 BB hood for $1192.00. Don't forget you will also need trim pieces. Hoods are listed in group 54, here is the link, they are the best.

http://www.licorvette.com/catalog24.htm

Another thing to consider is changing your air filter assembly. I have a 67 BB hood on mine and I had a clearence problem. I have an Edelbrock Torker with a Barry Grant Holley. I changed my air cleaner base to one that drops down over the carb just barely over the linkage and my clearence problems were gone. I also am able to uses an AC 212CW element that is three inches high. Just a thought.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote