View Single Post
Unread 06-07-2007, 07:57 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Ray,

To attempt to answer your questions, 1st there is no justice...Just -Us!

FWIW, obviously dropping the charges at least implies that the charging officers lacked probable cause (at the very least) and probably outright made a false arrest.

Personally, I'm not much for apologies when sstupidity is involved.

Under the circumstances you mentioned, I'd have my attroney filing criminal and civil charges against those involved and thier agency before the ink was dry on the release form But thats me. The older I get, the less bull**** I'm inclined to take. If you're going to do this job, do it right, do it professionally or don't do it at all!!!

Depending on when this occurred, he was fully justified (IMO) in his actions.

A few short years ago (1-2 I believe) you still had to attempt to flea from an attack(ers). You couldn't stand your ground

Thats been changed in Florida (which I think somewhat answers your question Sandman). You can "brandish" (not recklessly) your weapon lawfully in defense of your life or anothers.

Again, I don't knwo when this event took place and things have changed. Either way, it sounds like the charging agents failed to do thier homework and did what a lot of officers do. They rush into a charge for expediencies sake and botch up the case down the road. The Aisenburg case is a prime example. They are the couple in Brandon with the missing infant. Piss poor police/detective work at it's finest.

Before it's over, the department and possibly the individual officers will pay dearly for thier errors. Unfortunately, they were likely right on track but you have to take your time!!!!

Again, as far as the neighbor (or anyone else for that matter) coming onto your property and waiving a firearm about, it's simply a matter of being able to articulate that you were in a justifiable fear for your safety or someone elses. In the case above, his daughter was being held against her will (false imprisonment-Felony) and he was threatened by a group larger than one person could be expected to handle.

Sandman, as stated above, you no longer have to flee from an attack in Florida. Just make sure you can articulate your fears to law enforcement when they arrive.

A BIG part of what happens after the shooting is determined by what happens before. Words, actions, witness perception mean a lot. Leave the bravado/machismo at home. Stay humble, somewhat remoresful (*I didn't want to have to do that-he forced me to) and for God's sake....quiet!!!

More people convict themselves than could possibly be convicted by law enforcement

G

Last edited by Shadow; 06-08-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote