Thread: Scam!
View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
Vettever

Name :
Vettever has disabled reputation
Default Scam!

My neighbor was just scamed out of $2400. on an on line Corvette deal. We realize this certainly falls into the "to good to be true" thing, now that is. I found it on Auto Trader, 2000 coupe, 42000 miles, $7200. and located right here in Key West! I called and the number, not in service. My neighbor e mailed and the party e mailed back he was in Scotland' bought the car to ship there but wasn't able to import into Scotland and just wanted to get out from under it. The car was actually in Texas as he went there from Key West. It was being sold by a bonding co. in England. He e mailed the bonding co. they said wire 1/3 the $7200. and they would deliver it her in 3 days, if he was happy with it pay the balance or they would refund the deposit and take it back. He checked with Texas MV, clean title registered to the man in Scotland, he checked out the bonding co. and they were legit, he even car-faxed it. (He is a NY Cop, retired) The car never came, another exchange of e mails and now they wanted all the money and he now smells a fish.The bonding co. was somehow cloned and the clone was not for real. We know we were stupid but it really all checked out and sounded like the deal of a lifetime. Live and learn! by the way, anybody want to buy a "Seven Mile Bridge"!
Vettever is offline   Reply With Quote