View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #16
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
I would not say offending, but I dislike when people complain about another forum (on any forum) and say I was banned for nothing. Your business broke the vendor rule of Corvette Forum that is written in black and white. I am sorry you disagree about the rules. But it is what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME View Post
That's what I thougt

We were banned all of a sudden after doing nothing different then we have ever done before on that site. That's why I have a problem with it!!!!!!!!
Well, I've been thinking about this quite a bit, and I have to side with Yellow, at least partially.

If someone has been doing something illegal their entire life and finally gets caught and cited, the fact that they never got caught prior is really no defense. Even not knowing about the "law" is really not a viable defense, but in some cases, it could be grounds for some leniency.

Now that being said, in my opinion, to permanently BAN a member for such an infraction is really not in anyone's best interests. Why make a permanent enemy of a potential sponsor or advertiser over what could have likely been a mistake in judgment?

I personally think our interest and hobby would be much better served if people would just make the effort to give the benefit of the doubt first, before creating hostility when it could be avoided.