View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2006, 07:52 AM   #29
Hot Pursuit

Name :
Hot Pursuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, what actually happens if someone DOES get a citation for having too loud of an exhaust system? Is there some benchmark to point to that says "yep, it's too loud so you have to remove it." Does the simple fact that it is not stock sufficient evidence that it MUST be louder?
Yea, in a nutshell if it's louder than stock it's not allowed. The thing is that we don't as a rule cite the moderate ones (like C5STATETROOPER said). The ones that are cited are the ones that can be heard forever when their getting on it. It's normally a foregone conclusion that it's not factory. The appearance alone when I snap a digital pic during the stop will prove my case. The sound is just something that I (and any back-up on scene) would testify to in court. The ricers who have them are usually doing something else stupid to boot. They are regularly trying to impress other ricers or a nearby Mustang or Hemi or something. I don't write them much unless the person I stopped has a confrontational attitude. It's rare for me to write it because I have a mild mod exhaust too . They (the courts) don't make them remove it, but if they keep it on they could face more cites if their observed driving around again.
Hot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote