View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2022, 10:59 AM   #15
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I sometimes thing that perhaps we should have bought land further south instead of here near Tallahassee 30 some years ago. But I seriously doubt we could have found 50 acres there for anywhere near the price we paid for what we have. At least not unless it was all just swampland.

We have been picking as much fruit as we can off of the trees. I expect some leaf damage on some of the fruit trees, but I hope we don't lose any trees altogether. It is going to be pretty cold for long periods at night, and that is going to be a real problem. I will need to run outside faucets to keep water moving in the water pump tank so that doesn't freeze up.

If Connie feels up to it, we will try to cover her pineapple plants, but I think it is supposed to get very windy on Friday, and that might be wasted effort.

With any luck, the weather forecast is going to be just way wrong and it won't get as cold as they are predicting. Now the forecast from the National Weather Service, Friday thru Monday nights is 19, 19, 23, 28 degrees, respectively.
Glades county was cheap.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote